Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with Printing PrepTests

jennyleejhjennyleejh Alum Member
edited March 2017 in Technical Problems 145 karma

hello, I'm using google chrome to print the preptest thats been uploaded as a secure document. But every time I press the print button, the printing "job" won't go through my printer. there isn't anything wrong with my printer since I can print other documents without any problem. Has anyone faced similar challenges? I would appreciate if anyone could share some solutions!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

A few troubleshooting questions for you:

What PT are you trying to print?
    Are you using the keyboard command to print or are you clicking the "print" button on the page?
    Is it loading all the way, or freezing up after you click the print button?

Thanks!

• jennyleejhjennyleejh Alum Member
    145 karma

Hi Dillon,

I tried printing preptests 60~68, as well as a couple from 40s. I've pressed the "print" button (the printer image).
    and the loading goes all the way, after which another print box pops up, asking me to press print again. (it's the usual printing pop up screen that shows up when I try to print anything from chrome.). After that, nothing is sent to my printer even though I've pressed print.

thanks for the help!

12637 karma

Thanks, that's helpful! A few things I'll have you check.

First, check and make sure that the proper printer is selected after the second screen pops up. It may look a bit different depending on your printer/browser/computer, but it should look something like this:
    https://content.screencast.com/users/spaceursa/folders/Snagit/media/fe5898f4-8b5e-4fe2-894a-d84c588b30cf/03.28.2017-13.12.png

If the proper printer is not shown, click "Change..." and select your printer.

If that doesn't work, try restarting your printer and checking the status in the taskbar. I know you said you could print from other pages, but it doesn't hurt to check.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" I was having issues printing PT36. I was trying to print the LG section but it printed partially. I had several blank pages and a few missing pages. Also, when I tried to print a range it wouldn't let me change the page numbers. The first two pages of the LG section only showed "4" on screen. I finally got it to print but then it printed one of the games that I was missing but it printed 3 copies of the 2nd page and 1 copy of the 1st page. I'm printing from work. Not sure if I've ever tried printing from home.

12637 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I was having issues printing PT36. I was trying to print the LG section but it printed partially. I had several blank pages and a few missing pages. Also, when I tried to print a range it wouldn't let me change the page numbers. The first two pages of the LG section only showed "4" on screen. I finally got it to print but then it printed one of the games that I was missing but it printed 3 copies of the 2nd page and 1 copy of the 1st page. I'm printing from work. Not sure if I've ever tried printing from home.

Weird! Can you give me the range you used so I can try printing it like you did?

2573 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" I was trying to print 28-35 but it was stuck on 30-35. I just tried to get a screenshot of the "4" but of course it's gone. It was there when I just tried to print again a few minutes ago, swear! It also allowed me to change the range but I didn't print. I haven't rebooted my computer so I'm not sure.

12637 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I was trying to print 28-35 but it was stuck on 30-35. I just tried to get a screenshot of the "4" but of course it's gone. It was there when I just tried to print again a few minutes ago, swear! It also allowed me to change the range but I didn't print. I haven't rebooted my computer so I'm not sure.

Just tried that and it's printing without issue for me :( Rebooting both your computer and printer may help.

2573 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" ok, cool. Thx!

145 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" Hi Dillon, I managed to print something by using firefox instead. I figured out that Chrome sometimes doesn't let you print selection of pages (quite annoying!). But now I have the same problem as tanes256, certain pages I print come out as blank. I tried to print preptest 60 but several pages that contained passages in RC came out blank. I don't know if the rest of the pages are like that since I stopped printing after that... but can you please help me sort this issue out? Many thanks!

edited March 2017 12637 karma

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Hi Dillon, I managed to print something by using firefox instead. I figured out that Chrome sometimes doesn't let you print selection of pages (quite annoying!).

Weird :/ I use Chrome and haven't had any issues with printing. I'll keep an eye out, sorry about that!

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:
    But now I have the same problem as tanes256, certain pages I print come out as blank. I tried to print preptest 60 but several pages that contained passages in RC came out blank. I don't know if the rest of the pages are like that since I stopped printing after that... but can you please help me sort this issue out? Many thanks!

Hmm, are you printing a full PT when this happens, or just a page range? This only happened on Firefox, correct? Going to try and reproduce this on my end, could use as much info as possible!

@tanes256 are you also on Firefox?

2573 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" No. I'm using IE. I had the same issue with missing pages last night but I was printing from Safari. Also, when printing the page numbers entered for printing don't seem to always match up. I was trying to print the LG section for PT37 and it printed the end of the previous section and cut off the end of the LG section. I had to print the last few pages individually because trying to enter the range didn't work. When printing I end up with maybe 2-3 copies of the 2nd page of a game from trying to print the first page of the game. Hopefully that makes sense.

12637 karma

Thanks for the reports guys, I'll look into this further. Just want to clarify:

Are the empty pages happening when you're printing a full PT, or a page range?

@tanes256 said:
    Also, when printing the page numbers entered for printing don't seem to always match up.

Has this happened more than once?

edited March 2017 2573 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" yes. It has happened while printing from home and from work.
    I've only printed a full PT once but it did have blank pages as well as when printing sections.

145 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" the blank pages come out when I try to print sections. Don't know about full pages yet as I'm afraid to waste paper and ink...
    And yes, I was printing on firefox as Chrome won't let me print anything.

12637 karma

Thanks guys, still looking into this. Any additional information you can provide would be amazing!

12637 karma

Hey guys,

I've printed a few PTs in different ways and I haven't run into the blank page option :( Has it been happening recently?