Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In a huge downward slump..

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
edited March 2017 in General 737 karma

Hey everyone, I hope everyone had an awesome day!

I'm currently in a huge slump.. So about a month or two ago, I finally broke a barrier and scored a 151 (157 BR), but then my last three PT's have been a 146, 139, and 143 (I'm still using the PT's in the 40's). It sucks because I know I'm capable of doing this despite my scores being below average, and because I BR in the +150's, but these last three have been a bummer.

I am a full-time elementary teacher, I've been studying since last summer, and I feel like i'm losing momentum and dragging this thing too long. I'm not in a rush to take in June unless I miraculously around my goal of 155+, so i'm currently eyeing September to apply and be enrolled Fall 18', but I would hate to push back yet another year.

Any suggestions or advice? Anything helps. Thanks in advance, I know I can always count on the 7Sage community.

Comments

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Hey!! So I think instead of taking full PT, why not start with timed sections? And then doing a blind review. The questions you get wrong (for example, sufficient assumption) watching the videos in the CC and then doing a couple of drills? For games, practice games every single day and stay at it! This is what I am doing anyways right now because I know i'm still new at doing the exam under timed pressure. Hope this helps :) good luck!

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

Congrats on pushing past 150. How far apart are your PT's?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited March 2017 2573 karma

@cgracia12 I think you need to return to the curriculum. Your BR score is pretty much telling you your foundation abilities. After you BR and determine what you're missing you should return to the curriculum and then drill. BR should be telling you your weaknesses. You haven't built your analytics enough yet but it should still tell you where you're going wrong. Look at the question types that you're missing and return to the curriculum and drill them. I think your BR score should be in the 160s if you're striving for 155+. Realistically your BR score should be 180 because you have unlimited time. It seems like you're still missing something. If LG is your issue that's probably easier to overcome. I would implement the fool proof method immediately. Maybe "mastering" LG will get you to PT at 155+ and BR over 160? Don't put more pressure on yourself though by thinking you have to sit for June. Good luck!