Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, the digital test is coming? (LSAT field test)

2»

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

For everyone who's taking them, I sent @Mellow_Z a few questions. If you guys want to answer these and send them to me when you're done taking the digital LSAT I'd def appreciate it. :)

General questions:
    1. How big is the screen size? Would you like it to be bigger?
    2. Is there any eye irritation after looking at the screen for the full duration of the test?
    3. How responsive is the tablet?
    4. Any noticeable lag or delay when moving pages or maneuvering around the test?
    5. Was anything done during the test that was not normally done while writing on paper copies? (Eg. Longer break, questioning, etc)

Stylus-related questions (if you choose to use it):
    1. How big was the stylus?
    2. Were there multiple stylus options?
    3. Was the stylus comfortable and easy to use?
    4. Did you use the tablet to write out your boards / write things down or the scratch paper? If you used the tablet, was it easy to do? Would you prefer scrap paper to this method?

End questions:
    1. After having this experience, do you prefer taking the LSAT on paper or on tablet?
    2. Would you take the LSAT on a tablet again?
    3. Any additional information or comments about your experience?

Additionally, I'd also like to see what the report looks like. It's the report that you'll get after you take the test.

Thanks again!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    For everyone who's taking them, I sent @Mellow_Z a few questions. If you guys want to answer these and send them to me when you're done taking the digital LSAT I'd def appreciate it. :)

General questions:
    1. How big is the screen size? Would you like it to be bigger?
    2. Is there any eye irritation after looking at the screen for the full duration of the test?
    3. How responsive is the tablet?
    4. Any noticeable lag or delay when moving pages or maneuvering around the test?
    5. Was anything done during the test that was not normally done while writing on paper copies? (Eg. Longer break, questioning, etc)

Stylus-related questions (if you choose to use it):
    1. How big was the stylus?
    2. Were there multiple stylus options?
    3. Was the stylus comfortable and easy to use?
    4. Did you use the tablet to write out your boards / write things down or the scratch paper? If you used the tablet, was it easy to do? Would you prefer scrap paper to this method?

End questions:
    1. After having this experience, do you prefer taking the LSAT on paper or on tablet?
    2. Would you take the LSAT on a tablet again?
    3. Any additional information or comments about your experience?

Additionally, I'd also like to see what the report looks like. It's the report that you'll get after you take the test.

Thanks again!

Ah shit, I'm outed. There goes my job security :worried:

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@dennisgerrard and @tanes256 I think they are missing big cities on purpose too because no way can you miss New York, Dallas, and Atlanta. I know they were doing testing here last year through a research company, and I signed up but I couldn't make it the days they were asking. So maybe they have already conducted the test in these big cities and now they are enlarging their sample size to make sure that the results are consistent in other cities as well.

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

No test location in all of California either

• morzoeymorzoey Alum Member
    edited July 2017 16 karma

So, If I take the "DIGITAL LSAT TM FIELD TEST" in Houston Tx, Will I still receive a full refund when I take the actual LSAT in Lafayette, LA on December 2nd ??? I'm down to go there if I can save myself $200. Houston is only three hours from Lafayette. Does anybody knows?

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@morzoey said:
    So, If I take the "DIGITAL LSAT TM FIELD TEST" in Houston Tx, Will I still receive a full refund when I take the actual LSAT in Lafayette, LA on December 2nd ??? I'm down to go there if I can save myself $200. Houston is only three hours from Lafayette. Does anybody knows?

yeah I believe so. I haven't seen any documentation that has said you have to do it at the same testing center.

• elisabethlamelisabethlam Member
    edited October 2017 58 karma

I just took it yesterday in Toronto. It was very neat!

The screen was like 10" by 6.5" - a Samsung tablet. I don't know what kind, since I'm an Apple user.

There was no eye irritation since I could adjust the font size and screen brightness. The tablet was responsive. There was no lag when moving from question to question, or going back to a question in the beginning or middle. I liked that I could flag questions to go back to.

Nothing was done differently from a normal pencil-and-paper test, except there was a video tutorial in the beginning to help us understand the tablet functions. The stylus was a regular pen with the rubber tip at the end. Just one stylus kind was available. We were allowed to keep it at the end! It was comfortable and easy to use. Good ink flow.

I used the provided scratch pad to write out my LG boards. There were a lot of pages in that scratch pad. Sometimes I forgot to write out conditionals for LR because I was focused on doing it mentally, and I'd have preferred to write it out beside the question, but that was a minor thing. And, I'd have preferred to write on the question when dealing with flaw/parallel reasoning, but oh well.

I'd actually prefer to do the LSAT on the tablet! I like the 3 available highlighting colours on RC. It didn't take time to switch between colours, which made it easier to reference certain points. Also, a keyboard was provided for the writing sample.

It's surreal to think my future kid would write a digital LSAT (if they chose) and think it's normal, haha.