Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took February Test, Retaking in June, Exhausted PTs,

cleveroncleveron Free Trial Member
in General 17 karma

Hey all, I took the February exam and I've decided to retake in June. I've basically taken every publicly available PT so I'm concerned I won't be able to study the same way I did for February. What do you guys typically recommend for those in this situation? I know JY advocates maintaining one's PT supply but I had hoped I would only need to take the exam once. Sigh. Anyway, given where I am now how would you all suggest I study? I don't consciously remember the answers to the vast majority of questions, though I'm sure there's an unconscious element to it.

Let me know what you all think.

Really appreciate what you guys do here.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cleveron said:
    Hey all, I took the February exam and I've decided to retake in June. I've basically taken every publicly available PT so I'm concerned I won't be able to study the same way I did for February. What do you guys typically recommend for those in this situation? I know JY advocates maintaining one's PT supply but I had hoped I would only need to take the exam once. Sigh. Anyway, given where I am now how would you all suggest I study? I don't consciously remember the answers to the vast majority of questions, though I'm sure there's an unconscious element to it.

Let me know what you all think.

Really appreciate what you guys do here.

Study the materials, but don't put too much stock into your score. Focus on having a great er understanding. Unless you can get a 180 on a previously taken LSAT, then there's still juice to be squeezed out. Also, have you done PTs A,B, C and C2 ? Those might be a few you haven't seen.

Another technique you can use it to take the sections in 25 0r 30 minutes as opposed to 35. This may mitigate the score inflation from having previously seen the materials.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Re-takes are super useful. Scrutinize your flaws. If you're understanding is solid then your approach is the problem. A sage told me you only really have to take a fresh test once per month and that re-takes are sometimes more valuable than fresh takes. After adopting that approach I 100% agree. My flaws were literally revealed to me like the clouds opening up in the sky after a rain once I did some re-takes and thoroughly blind reviewed them. Good luck!