Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A friend and I applied on the same day... she heard back but I haven't yet.

Help!! A friend and I submitted our apps for a number of t14's almost simultaneously (on the deadline days of Feb. 1, Feb. 15, etc.), sometimes within minutes or hours of each other. She has heard back from some of these schools (and I believe most were rejections, though I'm not 100% certain), but I have not yet heard from those same schools. I have also heard back from a number of t14's (these were rejections) that we both applied to, but she has not. What does this all mean? I know I am driving myself crazy trying to understand this seemingly incomprehensible process, but am wondering if anyone out there might have some insight.

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

I think it's hard to say where you stand with each school you haven't heard back from for sure. If your friend heard back from schools that you haven't, I would assume it means that you are possibly being considered still (as you haven't been rejected). Either way, I would definitely try to distract myself with other things like Netflix, naps, podcasts, etc. Don't drive yourself crazy by looking for signs to predict the inner workings of t14 admissions decisions. I wish you all the best with the schools you haven't heard back from. Go do something fun to take your mind off things!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I agree with @"nessa.k13.0". It's really hard to know at this point what those things might mean. It could be anything. I would just wait and not think anything about it till they tell you a decision.

Good luck! : )

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I generally agree with the above posters that you can't be sure what it means.

But one thing to realize is that admissions does not review applications in the order in which they were submitted. They are read in order of LSAT/GPA score, generally.

You may find this blog post from a former Dean of Admissions useful:

http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/how-long-does-it-take-for-law-school-applications-to-be-read/