Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice on improving on LG

TheoryandPracticeTheoryandPractice Alum Member
edited April 2017 in Logic Games 1008 karma

Hi everyone!
I am studying full-time (was studying part time, 10 hours a week from last Sept to Feb, and began studying full time last month). I really hope to write in June.
I feel pretty comfortable with LR and RC, but NOT LG...
I've never taken a timed diagnostic, but when I took it untimed last September, I was about 4-5 wrong/ LR section, 4-5 wrong / RC, but l didn't even measure my performance on LG because I was just so lost. Many questions I couldn't do even untimed.

Right now I am going about 0-2 on LR and RC, timed. I just need to have LG under my belt to feel ready...
I did start prepping for LG quite late; I began fool-proofing about 4 weeks ago, for about 4 hours a day.
I did the CC and foolproofed the entire CC and have moved onto the PT stage for LG for the first time today.
I missed 8 on LG for PT62, timed.

I know that I should be foolproofing from now till June. My goal is to solve one PT section a day, foolproof it, and review/foolproof the section I did the previous day. So about 8 games (4 new, 4 old) per day. Is this reasonable? Are there any more tips on this stage of the prep?

I don't mind moving taking the LSAT in September, but because I already feel pretty comfortable with RC and LR, and have 2 months full-time just for LG, I am hoping to at least take a shot at the June one.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

It seems like you are killing RC and LR, so that's a very good thing! LG will absolutely come and it is also the section with which I struggle the most. It seems like your plan is good; just keep fool proofing. You get better with repetition.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Yeah, I like your plan here. LG is largely a matter of experience and I think you'll pick that up effectively this way.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I agree with @"Alex Divine" and @"Cant Get Right". LG was consistently my best section but then it dipped down again. I think what has been beneficial on trying to get back has been just to do what you're doing. Do games over and over again. Note games you have trouble with so you can come back to them. I have an excel spreadsheet I use to track games I am uncomfortable with it go -2 or more on.

I also found that I tend to get really nervous if I don't get something (which often actually just happens because I'm doing them in an environment not conducive to studying such as on the train). Just having confidence that this is my best section has helped tremendously.

Lastly, don't jump the gun. A vast majority of the questions I get wrong will be because I chose a CBT answer for an MBT question. I found that by taking 5 seconds to verify will correct any mistakes I made.

Bonus tip: bracket the side of except questions and put an X outside the bracket. This will make sure that you don't select something that "fits" as opposed to the correct answer that doesn't.

Hope this helps!