Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice PrepTest 1-20?

jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
in General 547 karma

Currently studying for the September 2017, it is useful to practice the logical Reasoning, Logic Games and Reading Comp. questions from PrepTest 1-20...

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yes, the earlier tests are great for drilling/learning on. This way you will have plenty of tests to take as full-timed PTs when you are ready. Generally people use PTs 1-35 for drilling and then 36-80 for full-timed exams.

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

I'm not sure how useful the RC from those tests are (just because they don't include the comparative section that every LSAT since 2007 has), but the LG and LR are definitely worth doing, especially the LG.

The past few LSATs have all had curveball LGs that don't fall into the normal sequencing/grouping/in-out categories. I think the old preptests are particularly useful for practicing those kinds of unusual games.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dantlee14 said:
    I'm not sure how useful the RC from those tests are (just because they don't include the comparative section that every LSAT since 2007 has), but the LG and LR are definitely worth doing, especially the LG.

The past few LSATs have all had curveball LGs that don't fall into the normal sequencing/grouping/in-out categories. I think the old preptests are particularly useful for practicing those kinds of unusual games.

Oh yes! The old games are a must do! I didn't realize how much doing the old games (PTs 1-35) had helped me until I started encountering some of the newer odd ball games.

I also think the old PTs are great for RC as well. You're completely right that there are no comparative reading passages, but overall, I still think they are very useful as not much has changed in how they structure the passages.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@dantlee14 said:

Oh yes! The old games are a must do! I didn't realize how much doing the old games (PTs 1-35) had helped me until I started encountering some of the newer odd ball games.

I also think the old PTs are great for RC as well. You're completely right that there are no comparative reading passages, but overall, I still think they are very useful as not much has changed in how they structure the passages.

Comparative passages are handled and solved exactly the same as normal passages. You should still use 1-35 as a way to build the skills needed to solve RC effectively. This is where you will focus on notation strategies, timing, reading quickly enough, etc. I wouldn't write them off just because they aren't the same thing - still incredibly useful for certain tasks.

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

Thank you, Everyone!