PT42.S1.G4 (Q19) - for the school paper

fifthendingfifthending Alum Member
edited April 2017 in Logic Games 154 karma

Can someone explain to me this stimulus? It says "Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset?" Usually, the "complete and accurate" stimuli want a list of all the items across all possible worlds that fulfill the requirement. However, in this problem, they are apparently only asking for the students in 1 world. So answer C says J and L, which would be true if you looked at all possible worlds (ie J can review only S in one world whereas L can't, and L can review only S in another world where J can't). However, the correct answer is A, which says only L. Answer A thus only applies to 2 of the 3 possible worlds. I don't understand how the stimulus specifies this. It reads exactly the same as stimului from other games that are asking across all possible worlds.

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-42-section-1-game-4/

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14100 karma

This is interesting. Could you cite another "complete and accurate list" question and maybe say how it's different?

Also, consider if the question had asked "Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who could review only Sunset?" What would be different?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited April 2017 9377 karma

I think (C) would be correct if the question read, "Which one of the following is an accurate and complete list of the students who could review only Sunset?"

But this question asks which could be a complete and accurate list. I think the placement of "could be" is more important than "complete and accurate."