Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have already taken the LSAT: Can I circle on my bubble sheet?

CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
in General 550 karma

Hi 7Sagers,

This is a question mainly directed at those who have already taken the LSAT. It says on the bubble sheet to "not leave any stray marks", etc.

However, I've gotten into the habit of circling the numbers on my bubble sheet to come back to for blind reviewing. Has anyone else done this on the actual test? Does it impact scoring?

If it does, what do y'all do to notate questions you want to come back to without writing on the bubble sheet?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited May 2017 9372 karma

I think you should avoid making additional marks on the bubble sheet because the scantron may be unable to separate those marks and bubbles. Although there is the hand scoring option (http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/handscoring), I think it's too risky.

I have taken the actual test, but they told me not to make any additional marks on the bubble sheet.

If it does, what do y'all do to notate questions you want to come back to without writing on the bubble sheet?

I keep marks in the test booklet.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2017 4141 karma

Don't circle on it just in case. LSAC says not to make stray marks on the bubble sheet. If you make stray marks you run the risk of a grading error. I'm not sure you'd be able to argue your case if you were to shade in an unintended bubble (and also because we are explicitly instructed not to make stray marks on the answer sheet). Don't risk it, LSAC doesn't play with their rules and we shouldn't either.

I keep track in my test book and check the number on the answer sheet.

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma

I fill in the bubbles 3/4 of the way on the questions that I know that I want to go back to. Like the others have said, I would not make any additional marks on the answer sheet. It provides a quick enough reference to see that "I need to double check 2, 16, 22, etc", yet if I'm running short on time, I can fill in the bubble the rest of the way with at least 30 seconds remaining.