Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FLAW- circular reasoning

clarkermclarkerm Alum Member

I'd say I'm pretty darn familiar with the 19 common types of flaws. However, I feel like I've never seen a circular reasoning flaw actually on a PT. Sometimes I second guess myself on a tricky flaw question when it's in the AC's. Anyway, would love it if anyone has come across one of these flaws in their recent PT's?

I'm into the high 60's series, so hopefully I haven't been oblivious to them all this time. But I do think they are a rarer flaw.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I could swear I came across one in a PT from the early 40s.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited May 2017 9372 karma

I haven't done a lot of PTs, but I agree that it's rare although I think I have come across a few times while I was drilling Flaw questions.

For example, it's an old PT, but I think PT6.S3.Q8 is an example of circular reasoning.

Also, I've recently done a 5-star difficulty question on circular reasoning (PT49.S2.Q23):
    https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-49-section-2-question-23/

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I've def come across a few, but I do agree that they are not that common. Usually when I see them, I have to double check to make sure what the flaw is since I'm not used to seeing them a lot. the same goes for the flaw of using a term twice or whatever lol.

• FHChick99FHChick99 Alum Member
    185 karma

Another one is PT15.S2.Q20

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

circular reasoning questions are way more prevalent in the old tests.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    edited February 2020 2116 karma

Well for most of the LSAT's history Circular Reasoning was a throwaway flaw that was just never the correct answer choice. Then along came a PT in the 80's and well..you'll see