Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2017 accommodated testing is different date?

Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
in General 95 karma

Hi Guys,

I got accepted for testing accommodations for the lsat in a few weeks. I viewed the confirmation letter and it says that I am testing on 6/17 and report time is 830. Is this correct? It isn't June 12 like everybody else?

Comments

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

Hey Gary, it may not be the same deal for everyone, but it is possible for your test date and test center change. The original acceptance letter states this. I'm waiting to find out about this and am pretty nervous myself.

• Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
    95 karma

yeah, @4everchasing .. i checked my admission ticket to and it does in fact say the same thing as the confirmation letter. wow, so i guess im taking it later than everybody else.. but why would the lsat do this? they aren't worried that people will talk about the test when there's a 5 day gap?

95 karma

bump

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"Gary NYC" that's interesting. Maybe you will have a different test. I've heard of different countries having different test.

95 karma

I'm in new york city lol

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited May 2017 2301 karma

I have seen this in the past. Because of the additional time given and the possibility of testing in a private room, you will not be testing with everyone else. This means the testing center will need to adjust for additional staffing hours and room space, which sometimes leads to a different test date.

As for what test you will receive, I cannot say for sure. I would guess that it is the same test. There may not be enough people with accommodations taking the test on a separate day to justify a different test.

In any case, I am happy that you got the accommodations you deserve. If you would like to confirm the date to make sure it is correct (but I think it is), you can call LSAC's help line at (215) 968-1001. They are very helpful. Good luck on the test!

2573 karma

@"Gary NYC" maybe I didn't word my response sufficiently. The point I was trying to make is that it's not uncommon to have a different test. Diff countries have diff tests due to diff time zones allowing for potential cheating. If you have a diff testing date the same potential for cheating is present, thus you might be administered a diff test.

95 karma

oh i see!! so i might have a totally different test. wow interesting hmm.. thanks for the heads up.. I don't really think thats too fair though if they give people with accommodations a different test. I want the same test that other people take because that's fair.

2573 karma

@"Gary NYC" I see what you're saying but you're tested on the same things as the regular test. Other ppl have had the same concerns. I read some on it from Googling test accommodations.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:
    Hi Guys,

I got accepted for testing accommodations for the lsat in a few weeks. I viewed the confirmation letter and it says that I am testing on 6/17 and report time is 830. Is this correct? It isn't June 12 like everybody else?

Seems like a good thing honestly. You get an extra week to study and taking at 8:30, you'll be out by 3 if you have 50% time. Taking it at 1 like everyone else, you're looking at not getting out until 7pm.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited May 2017 2301 karma

@"Gary NYC" I would not worry about a different test. The LSAT writers go to great lengths to try to make each test approximately equal to each other in terms of the difficulty of obtaining a certain score on the test (this is done by adjusting the score scale). While the questions might involve different topics, each test is essentially testing the same core skills (reasoning ability, logic, analysis, etc). It is like when a teacher creates two version of the same math test. The numbers might be slightly different, but they are both testing the same concepts and a student should get the same score on both. Thus, the result is that you are given a fair test even if it is not the same exact test as some other test takers. You will be fine. Good luck!

• fefortv36fefortv36 Member
    14 karma

@"Gary NYC" I also have accommodated testing in NYC and have the same thing. I thought it was strange to be taking it on the Saturday after the administration date, but glad to see it's not just me haha. Given how overbooked the June test date is, it also might just be a space/staffing issue to give a proper administration of the test to the accommodated testers on the same date.