Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exercising prior to LSAT

Meagan HareMeagan Hare Member
in General 5 karma

Any thoughts about whether it's detrimental to exercise the morning of the LSAT?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

If exercising is part of your morning routine, I think you should do the same on the day of the LSAT. Otherwise, I don't think it's beneficial. It might exhaust you.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@akistotle said:
    If exercising is part of your morning routine, I think you should do the same on the day of the LSAT. Otherwise, I don't think it's beneficial. It might exhaust you.

Agree with this. If you build it into your routine for weeks/months prior to the real test, it can be a great way to get the blood flowing and wake yourself up mentally. @"Cant Get Right" got into a routine of going for a run every Saturday morning, so when the real test came around, it was second nature to do that.

If you don't make it into a routine you can really exhaust yourself or it could throw you off your game. Don't do this.

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

I am much sharper and more attentive after an exercise so I will be doing this on test day, but if you don't exercise regularly it may throw you for a loop. Regular exercise is always recommended because we just perform better mentally when our body is in good shape. Cheers.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

Don't do anything that's going to potentially throw you off from your norm. I think a more conspicuous but parallel example would be something like drinking coffee. If you don't drink coffee, the morning of the test is a really bad time to start, lol. But if exercising is something you do regularly anyway, I think it's great. Like Zach touched on, I designed a whole morning routine to mimic my ideal test morning, and I lived it every day for months. That definitely included exercise.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Meagan Hare" said:
    Any thoughts about whether it's detrimental to exercise the morning of the LSAT?

I think you'll be fine, short of running 10 miles when you're used to only 2. Even if you don't normally exercise, I would still try to get something in. A quick jog/walk, or yoga. I find I do much better when I simply just do 50 push ups and 50 sit ups. I run a few times a week. But my focus is exponentially better after those push ups. Must get the juices flowing :)