Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Receding Score

Nabeha SNabeha S Alum Member

It seems I am in a pretty unfortunate situation! When I began taking the practice tests, my scores were steadily increasing, to the point that I was achieving 15+ points over my baseline score for the first LSAT I took without studying. However, over the last week each PT I take I see my score decrease more and more to the point that I am now back at my baseline score. I don't understand why as I went through the 7Sage program and feel as though I am really understanding all of the questions. I am hoping to get a 170+ on the June LSAT and this is a seriously huge setback. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am truly beginning to loose hope on my score and there's only 5 days until the LSAT! Crying forever, SOS I would appreciate any advice, insight, or personal experiences!

Comments

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

This happened to me as a result of burnout. This is a guess but ...U you think your mental health is okay but it's fatigued and you're not readily picking up on stuff and that's why your score can go up so high and go back down. Immediately take today off, get some exercise and come back tomorrow and see how much better you did. You're probably over studying

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Is your average score 170+? If your average is 170+, you shouldn't worry too much about low scores you're getting the week before the exam. It's not representative of your PT process, and lower scores shouldn't influence you. If your average isn't 170+, it is unlikely that you'll achieve 170+ on the test day (although it's possible).

If you really want to score 170+ but your average isn't 170+, I think you should postpone. You can withdraw from the test until the day before the test.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@"Nabeha S" said:
    It seems I am in a pretty unfortunate situation! When I began taking the practice tests, my scores were steadily increasing, to the point that I was achieving 15+ points over my baseline score for the first LSAT I took without studying. However, over the last week each PT I take I see my score decrease more and more to the point that I am now back at my baseline score. I don't understand why as I went through the 7Sage program and feel as though I am really understanding all of the questions. I am hoping to get a 170+ on the June LSAT and this is a seriously huge setback. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am truly beginning to loose hope on my score and there's only 5 days until the LSAT! Crying forever, SOS I would appreciate any advice, insight, or personal experiences!

Well the Starter pack doesn't give you exposure to medium or hard questions and that's really what brings scores down after you have a grasp on the fundamentals. My scores didn't go down but they just didn't go up which is why I upgraded and got more exposure to harder and harder material. But like akistotle said above it really depends on where your average is and where you want to be.