Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturday Preptest

cfield.3cfield.3 Alum Member

Is this a terrible idea ....?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2017 9377 karma

I don't think you have the time to review. Even if you have the time to review fully, I don't think you will gain much from it....I think you should relax and do something different.

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

I think i am gonna take one on saturday too! Review on Saturday and Sunday - but stop studying by 6pm on Sunday night.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think it would be fine to take one on Sat and review Sunday. I have a lot of friends who chose the med school route or other fields and law students by a large margin are neurotic. Perhaps not in a bad way, but with all these unwritten rules that some guy made up on TLS in 2006. One of them being that you shouldn't take a test the week before the LSAT. Because XYZ. Well, yeah, they're usually valid reasons; however, you can make break throughs and just get in extra practice as well.

Good luck, and relax most of Sunday if you can -- perhaps review or drill after the Saturday test :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I definitely subscribe to taking it easy for the next few days. Making any improvement of any significance is an enormous long shot. Underperforming and undermining your confidence is way more likely.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited June 2017 10774 karma

I have to agree with @"Cant Get Right" . Take it easy. Improving on lsat requires good habit formation and changing how you think not just what to think. it's different from normal studying where you can cram a couple of days before and do really well. The thing about changing how you think is that it takes time. And if you feel you are not ready doing a test a couple of days before can have you lose confidence. And if you are ready doing a test can tire you out and have you score lower on Monday. Sodoing a test a couple of days before will not help in either circumstance.

Good luck!

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

I agree with everyone in that you should take it easy. HOWEVER, if you're not really going crazy the days before and you're not doing TOO much studying, I think a PT isnt bad. I plan to do one right now and also tomorrow (the day before the test). I dont plan to really LEARN anything from these PTs, I'm doing it so I can gauge my timing.

It is extremely important to note: Whatever you get on this PT, do NOT let it get to your head. If you do well, then great, you will feel more confident; however, if you dont do as well as you've been doing, then completely factor your score out of the equation. The ONLY reason to PT this close to the exam is to make sure you're really comfortable with the time restraints. Yesterday I took a PT where I scored like 10 points below my recent top scores. It got to me at first, but then I realized that It's not indicative of how i will perform because I made stupid mistakes and was under pressure.

Take it like you take all your other PT's. Dont think that this is the peak of your PTing and that you need to do your best on this one, or that it will resemble all you know up to this point. Dont try to overperform by going super fast or super slow or whatever. Do it like you do all your PTs, take it easy, and for the love of all things good....dont use the score you get to determine anything related to how you've been doing so far. Id go as far as saying that you shouldnt even grade it. Just do it to for timing purposes. That's all. Id say good luck to the both of us on monday, but were not going to need it because we are going to absolutely fucking kick ass.