Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Furman University Greenville, SC

LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member

10/10
Genuinely could not have been a better environment. The entire group of test-takers was split into three subgroups (sounds like the start of a logic game). I can't speak to the conditions in the other room, but I assume logistically they were all the same.

Proctors: My room had two proctors. We got started right on time. They were professional, competent, and kind. They had a calming presence, which was much appreciated. One proctor kept time, the other handed out and collected materials. The timing was done perfectly -- consistent 5-minute warnings, and she used a silent digital timer, so I had no worry that we were being shortchanged on the timing.

Facilities: Bathrooms next door. AC was on but not excessive. Lighting was good. There was a clock in the room -- I used an analog watch with a bezel (makes tracking time much easier). There was a water fountain along with vending machines that you are able to access before the exam. My room also had access during the break -- not sure if others did as well.

What kind of room: Typical classroom. Fit 20 or so test takers very comfortably.

Desks: Full desks. Plenty big enough. I practiced using a huge desk and noticed no difference. Not those flimsy retractable chair desks.

Left-handed accommodation: Unclear

Noise levels: I have this theory of social settings that there perpetually exists one person who keeps any given environment from being perfect (e.g. the one person who talks at the movie theater, the one person at the library who talks on the phone during finals week, the one person who coughs throughout an exam (not that I blame them -- but they always exist)). This time...perfect silence. So silent, in fact, at times I felt awkward underlining because I worried it might distract people around me.

Parking: There's a roundabout when you pull into the university. Go into it and take the last right before the exit. You'll see signs. Parking is to the left, and the test is in a building to the right. It's less than a 5 minute walk.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: We get started right away. They split us into three groups at 12:30, and then we started filling out the logistical ovals around 12:35. Think we started Section 1 around 1.

Irregularities or mishaps: 0

Would you take the test here again? I hope I don't have to, but absolutely.

Date[s] of Exam[s]: June 12, 2017

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Sounds like it went as smooth as one can ask! I hope your score is as good as the center :)

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Wow sounds sweet! Our exam didn't start until around 2:30pm, it was freezing, and parking was $23

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Sounds like it went as smooth as one can ask! I hope your score is as good as the center :)

Praise be. We'll see. I felt compelled to post this review because there is a super outdated conglomeration of test site reviews somewhere on the Internet (the only reviews I could find outside of 7Sage), and one person absolutely decimated Furman in their review, which stressed the hell out of me. Dear future SC/NC/GA test takers: Furman does a great job!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited June 2017 23929 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Praise be. We'll see. I felt compelled to post this review because there is a super outdated conglomeration of test site reviews somewhere on the Internet (the only reviews I could find outside of 7Sage), and one person absolutely decimated Furman in their review, which stressed the hell out of me. Dear future SC/NC/GA test takers: Furman does a great job!

I can't find any reviews about the few potential centers I want to take and it's stressing the hell out of me. A great review is always appreciated by others that may go there and ease nerves!

• kvbusbeekvbusbee Member
    99 karma

Thanks for the review! I'm actually taking the September LSAT at Furman so this is good to hear.