Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best guess for the curve

gbanipalgbanipal Alum Member

Does anyone have an educated guess as to what the curve possibly could be?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@gbanipal said:

How would anyone know that? Besides looking at historical trends (https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/correct_targeted.cfm) I'm not sure how anyone would be able to figure that out.

• gbanipalgbanipal Alum Member
    24 karma

@USER123456 said:

@gbanipal said:

How would anyone know that? Besides looking at historical trends (https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/correct_targeted.cfm) I'm not sure how anyone would be able to figure that out.

That is why I said "educated guess" and "possibly," historical trends I suppose might be somewhat of a reference point

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

TLS has a poll on this question. It seems like most people voted for somewhere between -9 (which would mean an easier than average test) and -11(which would mean a pretty average test).

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

I want to say -10 or -11. The LG was easy, RC extremely difficult, and some say the LR was moderate to hard , although I think it was relatively straightforward but moderately challenging..

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I don't have a horse in this race, but I'd guess -11 I want my friends to have a better chance at that sexy 170!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I don't have a horse in this race, but I'd guess -11 I want my friends to have a better chance at that sexy 170!

-11 would be nice. :-D

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

-11 would be nice. :D

I'm praying for ya'll. Maybe even a -12 ;)

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Unfortunately the early word is that it's a -9 curve ???

3072 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Unfortunately the early word is that it's a -9 curve ???

Looks confirmed on TLS.

• NikkkkkkkNikkkkkkk Live Member
    249 karma

Hmm, I'm a bit new to all this. Can someone explain what this curve means? Is it referring to the maximum number of answers you can get wrong to achieve a 170 in any given LSAT (this is what I managed to gather from that PowerScore link). If this is the case, why 170? Just an easy benchmark to use?

3072 karma

My guess is -9.

:-P

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Csuposki said:
    Hmm, I'm a bit new to all this. Can someone explain what this curve means? Is it referring to the maximum number of answers you can get wrong to achieve a 170 in any given LSAT (this is what I managed to gather from that PowerScore link). If this is the case, why 170? Just an easy benchmark to use?

Yes, just the amount you can get wrong and still get a 170.