Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Blind Review

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

I'm about to start my first blind review and i'm a little worried. I feel like i'm going to review answers and agree with myself or change correct answers to wrong ones by over thinking. Any advice or tips? Or something you wish you knew before you started blind reviewing?

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I would BR with a clean copy. If you don't want to waste paper like me, you could look at an electronic copy of the practice test and write down all your answers on a separate sheet of paper.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@theLSATgrind2017 said:
    I would BR with a clean copy. If you don't want to waste paper like me, you could look at an electronic copy of the practice test and write down all your answers on a separate sheet of paper.

That's a great idea!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATgrind2017 said:

This. Clean copy blind review and write explanations and notes for each question you miss or gives you trouble. Write down why you missed it. We often write it off as a misreading.simple misunderstanding, but those are intentional traps included by the LSAT writers. So don't let yourself off too easy.

When you're done with that, watch JY's explanations for each question and game. Even if you got it explanations, I've often found he knows a better and more efficient way to approach it.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@theLSATgrind2017 said:

This. Clean copy blind review and write explanations and notes for each question you miss or gives you trouble. Write down why you missed it. We often write it off as a misreading.simple misunderstanding, but those are intentional traps included by the LSAT writers. So don't let yourself off too easy.

When you're done with that, watch JY's explanations for each question and game. Even if you got it explanations, I've often found he knows a better and more efficient way to approach it.

Should I take notes as i'm blind reviewing, such as "I think this is right because of this...", or after i've reviewed everything, settled on my answers and scored it?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@vtm14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@misapplication said:

Should I take notes as i'm blind reviewing, such as "I think this is right because of this...", or after i've reviewed everything, settled on my answers and scored it?

I think that's a bit personal. I tend to go on a case by case basis. Sometimes I realize right away that my mistake was due to a misapplication of logic and take note. Other times, generally for more involved questions, I reflect for a few moments and then come up with a maxim or explanation post hoc. I find there are no right and wrong or hard and fast rules WRT BR. You just want to make sure you understand what you did wrong, why you chose the wrong answer and not TCR, and how you can prevent doing it again in the past.

• charlesteitycharlesteity Free Trial Member
    26 karma

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's being said but isn't BR going over questions that you circled during the test because you had trouble with them? And that would require you seeing the test you took to see which ones you circled.

• charlesteitycharlesteity Free Trial Member
    26 karma
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@charlesteity said:
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's being said but isn't BR going over questions that you circled during the test because you had trouble with them? And that would require you seeing the test you took to see which ones you circled.

When you clean copy BR there are ways to ensure you don't see which questions you've circled. One is just entering the answers in the 7Sage scoring/analytics app, then essentially redoing the question on a clean copy test. Others write down the questions they've circled on a post it note, but not the answer, then review those.

I personally redo the entire test on a clean copy untimed. I usually remembered what I circled and why and make a little note of which specific ones give me trouble.

Seeing your work and your answers totally influences you. I always found that I became subtly nudged towards wanting to confirm my original reasoning and answer choice rather than finding the correct reasoning. It's a subtle shift but it's makes all the difference. With a clean copy, you'll have a recollection of your process without seeing the exact roadmap.