Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Preptest Vol VI (test 72-81) Release Date

RJmazo14RJmazo14 Alum Member
in General 94 karma

I went to pre-order this and it says the release date will be first week of Oct. Seriously not releasing this before the Sept exam??? Does anyone know why they would do this (besides the obvious money factor buying the other tests individually)?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I think you nailed the reason. Their shouldn't be any significant editing since it is the same as the actual test except for the experimental section and printing does not take that long.

They should have been able to start printing and shipping them after grey day.

I guess, if I wanted to be generous, I might note they could be waiting for any questions to be challenged and those challenges to be settled before publishing the test in order to make sure the grading scale was absolutely correct.

• hon132hon132 Free Trial Member
    122 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    I think you nailed the reason. Their shouldn't be any significant editing since it is the same as the actual test except for the experimental section and printing does not take that long.

They should have been able to start printing and shipping them after grey day.

I guess, if I wanted to be generous, I might note they could be waiting for any questions to be challenged and those challenges to be settled before publishing the test in order to make sure the grading scale was absolutely correct.

Since PT 81 was the June LSAT, most likely they're giving time to challenge the questions like you said. Occasionally, questions do get thrown out and it's better to cross a question out now than dealing with people who email about them later. The rest is dealing with the usual production issues.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rmazoPHL said:
    I went to pre-order this and it says the release date will be first week of Oct. Seriously not releasing this before the Sept exam??? Does anyone know why they would do this (besides the obvious money factor buying the other tests individually)?

Money factor makes sense. Also, there's just production and distribution and probably a bunch of paper pushing-legal stuff we don't know about going on behind the scenes.

Also, a BIG one @hon132 mentioned above.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited July 2017 4423 karma

@hon132 said:
    Since PT 81 was the June LSAT, most likely they're giving time to challenge the questions like you said. Occasionally, questions do get thrown out and it's better to cross a question out now than dealing with people who email about them later. The rest is dealing with the usual production issues.

If they really wanted to win our love, they could do a limited run of books right after grey day marked with the caveat that they are tentative and that the scoring should be double checked against their website. I actually might like to experience a test with a bad question to make sure that it didn't throw me.

Edit: I put v's instead of spaces in two places.

• hon132hon132 Free Trial Member
    122 karma

If they really wanted to win our love, they could do a limited run of books right after grey day marked with the caveat that they are tentative and that the scoring should be double checked against their website. I actually might like to experience a test with a bad question to make sure that it didn't throw me.

I don't think the LSAC cares enough to "win our love" to want to do that. It's extra fuss and will most likely leave them with unsold "tentative" copies if people would rather wait for the error-free final. The 72-80 tests are still for sale individually and more expensive that way. It's easier for them to print one edition and milk the individual tests for all that's left.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hon132 said:

I don't think the LSAC cares enough to "win our love" to want to do that. It's extra fuss and will most likely leave them with unsold "tentative" copies if people would rather wait for the error-free final. The 72-80 tests are still for sale individually and more expensive that way. It's easier for them to print one edition and milk the individual tests for all that's left.

HAHA! LSAC does care about us deep down. My advisor listed on the website always emails me back super quick when I have questions and is very nice. :)

But, yeah, that idea sounds like too much work on their end for it to ever manifest into a reality. I wish...