Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to the Drawing Board...

amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
in Logic Games 378 karma

Hi 7sage!

After spending the last 3 months or so focusing intensely on LR and RC and making great improvements... I feel like I lost some of the momentum I had going with the logic games. Between January and April I fool-proofed PTs 1-25 and now am having similar difficulties as to when I started doing timed logic games (i.e. misreading rules, making careless errors, being generally slow in identifying inferences)... I am going back to basics and redoing the entire LG portion of the CC and am going back to foolproofing and will tackle games that gave me difficulty from 1-25 and will foolproof 25-35 in the coming weeks. Any other recommendations? I'm feeling nervous that maybe I wasn't progressing as quickly as I thought I was with the foolproof method and maybe I was just redoing games that I was already familiar with and that was where my success came from... Any advice would be much appreciated. Love this forum, love the LSAT!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I would just get back to fool proofing. I bet it will come back quickly. LG really is just all about volume and repetition. I wouldn't be worried about it. If you start doing a couple games a day (or more) I bet you'll be fine.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

For what it is worth, for myself I find that I need to keep all three sections going throughout the week. I find that if i neglect one section for a while, my mastery in that section goes down. So even if I'm focusing on one area for the day, I always do at least a couple games, maybe one or two reading passages, and a few LRs. Just to keep that function of the brain working. I find it helps.

Also, I would recommend also doing some games and LR and RC from the later tests (60s and 70s) I found them a bit of a jump and took a bit to get used to the way the newer tests phrased things.
    My 2 cents.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I've been there and I know a lot of us have.... Just be easier on yourself and be patient. I love your idea about just going back to the basics and re-doing the LG portion of the CC may e exactly what you do.

No other advice. I think you are doing exactly what you should be doing!

good luck :)

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    For what it is worth, for myself I find that I need to keep all three sections going throughout the week. I find that if i neglect one section for a while, my mastery in that section goes down. So even if I'm focusing on one area for the day, I always do at least a couple games, maybe one or two reading passages, and a few LRs. Just to keep that function of the brain working. I find it helps.

Also, I would recommend also doing some games and LR and RC from the later tests (60s and 70s) I found them a bit of a jump and took a bit to get used to the way the newer tests phrased things.
    My 2 cents.

Thanks and you are right! I've been sort of reserving those later tests for when I'm closer to test time - which will likely be December now - or at least until I am averaging my goal score on the earlier tests (PTs 35-60)... Will follow your advice on doing a little of every section each day.

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I've been there and I know a lot of us have.... Just be easier on yourself and be patient. I love your idea about just going back to the basics and re-doing the LG portion of the CC may e exactly what you do.

No other advice. I think you are doing exactly what you should be doing!

good luck :)

Inspirational as usual! Thank you.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@amedley88 I had the same issue. I've been focusing more on LR and since LG was the "easiest" section for me I kinda neglected it for a while. When I came back to PT I was surprised that I struggled through LG and made dumb rookie mistakes. Everything came back to me during BR so I don't think it's a huge issue so I think you'll be fine once you get back into the swing of things. For me, I think this has a lot to do with forgetting "how" to take the LG section of the test if that makes sense. I've found that I have a different mind set when taking each section. After a few timed sections things start to fall back in place.I think it's best to keep all three sections moving as you're studying so that you don't get rusty. Maybe do an LG section every other day or at least twice a week if you're focused on something else.