Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm not sure I know what I am doing.

JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
in General 602 karma

So I am new to the online class world and I am not sure if I am doing it right. I chose the starter option because its what I could afford. I was studying on my own for months but for some reason I am still horrible at practice tests. A fiend suggested I sign up for an online class because its hard to get the improvement I need on my own. I started the syllabus today and want to make sure I use all of the resources at my disposal efficiently. Can someone help? I was hoping I could inbox someone, or something, idk. Like I said, don't really know if I am doing this right, so I figured I should get help sooner rather than later I plan on taking the LSAT in December 2017.

Comments

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

Hi, and welcome!

Feel free to message me. I am more than willing to help as I am sure many fellow 7Sagers are too. I have the Premium course, began in May. I am open to answering any and all questions that you may have as well as advice and tips along your LSAT journey.

Nice to 'meet' you.

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I think the starter option is a great way to begin the LSAT process. You're getting the core curriculum which, I think, is invaluable. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Hey! and Welcome! Don't feel discouraged; the 7Sage community is awesome. Pretty soon you're going to get a ton of great advice from a lot of knowledgable folks. I also started with the Starter and it's perfectly fine to start there. Some tips to get started:

1. Figure out how many hours per week you can study and commit to those hours. Period. Consistency is the key.
    2. Just start :) Begin watching the videos and interacting with the videos. Leave notes; post messages, ask questions. Be as active and involved as possible.
    3. Peruse the Discussion Board at least once a day. Here you'll find a lot of great tips and support and eventually you'll start framing out your studying and feeling more confident.
    4. Attend as many webinars as you can. Some are super helpful; some might be a little more advanced than where you are now, and that's ok. If you find one more helpful than the others, focus on that one.

Hope that helps a little!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Hey! and Welcome! Don't feel discouraged; the 7Sage community is awesome. Pretty soon you're going to get a ton of great advice from a lot of knowledgable folks. I also started with the Starter and it's perfectly fine to start there. Some tips to get started:

1. Figure out how many hours per week you can study and commit to those hours. Period. Consistency is the key.
    2. Just start :) Begin watching the videos and interacting with the videos. Leave notes; post messages, ask questions. Be as active and involved as possible.
    3. Peruse the Discussion Board at least once a day. Here you'll find a lot of great tips and support and eventually you'll start framing out your studying and feeling more confident.
    4. Attend as many webinars as you can. Some are super helpful; some might be a little more advanced than where you are now, and that's ok. If you find one more helpful than the others, focus on that one.

Hope that helps a little!

This is some great advice. I'll just add to take your time, watch the lessons, memorize what you can/ what JY says to, and put ye faith in the great 7Sage. You are in good hands!

I also highly recommend taking notes so you are in a more active state as opposed to passively reading or staring at the screen watching the lessons. Even if I don't return to 50% of my notes, I know at the very least, it kept me engaged and ensured I was taking in key points.

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

Thanks everyone!!

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

@achen013 said:
    Hi, and welcome!

Feel free to message me. I am more than willing to help as I am sure many fellow 7Sagers are too. I have the Premium course, began in May. I am open to answering any and all questions that you may have as well as advice and tips along your LSAT journey.

Nice to 'meet' you.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@JerryClarke242 said:
    So I am new to the online class world and I am not sure if I am doing it right. I chose the starter option because its what I could afford. I was studying on my own for months but for some reason I am still horrible at practice tests. A fiend suggested I sign up for an online class because its hard to get the improvement I need on my own. I started the syllabus today and want to make sure I use all of the resources at my disposal efficiently. Can someone help? I was hoping I could inbox someone, or something, idk. Like I said, don't really know if I am doing this right, so I figured I should get help sooner rather than later I plan on taking the LSAT in December 2017.

throwback

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes, the webinars are great. The CC lessons start with lectures, then go to examples, then go to Problem Sets and it's helpful to approach it in that order.