Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are later Prep tests getting harder?!

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
in General 513 karma

I've been approaching 156-160 on my PT's 46-52 however I took PT 80 and scored a 152. PT 80 seemed extremely hard to me. Are the later prep tests getting harder?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

It's debated a decent amount. Most people agree that the test is changing. A lot of people see these changes as getting harder. LR has longer more convoluted stimuluses. Logic games have a game that seems a little less standard.

And then reading comp....yeah.

But if you really dig your teeth into this test, no matter what they do, they are ultimately testing the same thing from test to test. If you can get an extremely solid grasp on the logic and core concepts and apply them with ease, the test shouldn't prove to much more difficult.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    edited July 2017 513 karma

I've been BR'ing in the mid 160's. I definitely think PT 80 is the hardest one I've taken. I scored 146 on actual lsat 80 in Dec 2016 and just now scored a 152 which is pretty discouraging as I've been regularly scoring in the high 150's.

I'm going to do some extensive drills and take another later PT to further gauge where I am. @LSATcantwin

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Connie Lingus" said:
    I've been BR'ing in the mid 160's. I definitely think PT 80 is the hardest one I've taken. I scored 146 on actual lsat 80 in Dec 2016 and just now scored a 152 which is pretty discouraging as I've been regularly scoring in the high 150's.

I'm going to do some extensive drills and take another later PT to further gauge where I am. @LSATcantwin

Don't let it beat you! I took LSAT 79 and was NOT ready for that virus game and one of the RC passages. Scored a 157 on it. I studied up and really focused on fundamentals. I retook it a couple of weeks ago and got a 167. You can do it, keep tackling it and pay attention to they flow of modern tests!

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

Thanks!! my target score is a 160 on Sept. No choice but to kill it!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    It's debated a decent amount. Most people agree that the test is changing. A lot of people see these changes as getting harder. LR has longer more convoluted stimuluses. Logic games have a game that seems a little less standard.

And then reading comp....yeah.

But if you really dig your teeth into this test, no matter what they do, they are ultimately testing the same thing from test to test. If you can get an extremely solid grasp on the logic and core concepts and apply them with ease, the test shouldn't prove to much more difficult.

Amen to that!