Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a week off work before LSAT?

meganr23meganr23 Alum Member

I'm taking the LSAT in Sept 2017. I work full time, and am considering taking a few days or a week off of work at some point between now and the test. When would folks advise would be best? I'd like to use the time to really focus on studying, take a few more PTs, etc. I am thinking maybe the first week of September. I want to do it early enough that I can still have some improvements from studying (meaning, I don't think taking the week right before the test is when I would see real gains). Any thoughts on timing are appreciated--thanks!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I took two days off of work before the test. I don't want to deal with anything work related leading up to test day. Other than that I think it's your discretion. Maybe consider Labor Day weekend so you don't waste leave time?

• alaa.11alaa.11 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

Honestly taking the week off work before the LSAT will be really beneficial because it will give you a chance to do some final studying and review for the first 5 days and then relax and mentally prepare on the last two days until the exam

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

If you only have 5 vacation days to spare I would consider splitting them up. Use three along with Labor Day weekend and then the other two for the Thursday/Friday before the exam.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yeah, if you have the option, I think this sounds like an excellent idea. A week is generally not enough to see any crazy gains, but it's enough to get a good amount done without burning out.