Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone check their inbox?

ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
in General 61 karma

Hi Gang, I have tried to message several people on the forum through the inbox - depending on the type of questions I have, yet no one responds! I'm not sure if I have a tainted profile or what ... but I have a few questions, so I might as well ask here!

Is it worth it to buy a perfect score watch? Why does J.Y. recommend to use an analog watch with rotating bezel? I also read some posts about "hacking" a regular analog watch with permanent markers? Is this feasible? Would LSAC allow this?

You guys are all such masters of LSAT! I hope you can offer some advice to me :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

I think the reason he says to get a classic analog watch is because you can't go wrong with it. The classic casio one he says to get is cheap and durable. The LSAT watches I guess are poorly made and, there's always a possibility your test proctor won't let you use the watch. I would say your safest best is to get a simple analog watch that has a rotating face. This will ensure that you are in the clear and won't have to worry about any stipulations in the rules.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

The "LSAT" watches are all VERY poorly made. In any case, they're all officially banned now anyway: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11920/lsac-chronograph-ban-this-includes-lsat-watches
    Keeping time just isn't such a big deal that it's worth any significant investment. Just get a cheap watch; you'll be fine.

As far as checking inboxes, it really depends on who you're messaging. If you're messaging JY, for example, how many messages do you think JY gets a day? Staying on top of that would be a full time job all on its own. Personally, I do my best. I also get a ton of messages, but not so many it's just impossible to even attempt. I can't always make the time for all of them, but I make a sincere effort.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

You'll be ok with a Perfect Score watch since it's just a regular watch. I have one, use it, and I like it. I've had it close to 9 months and it's still ticking. However, it was like $30 and the Casio rotating Bezel one JY recommends is like $15. I'd probably just buy and use one of those. I've been using the rotating bezel Casio since about February and I just think it's much more quick and convenient to rotate a bezel then to mess around with reseting the time on watches. It took me about a week, but once I got used to it, I knew this was the watch for me.

Still, if you're fond of LSAT watches, the Perfect Score watch is probably the way to go. And again, at least from what I've read, this is not banned.

If you haven't used an LSAT watch, I'd probably go straight to the Casio rotating bezel watch. Amazon is the way to go as they have the best prices for these I've found.

Yes, you can use a marker to make markings on the watch. At least I know people who have done that without any problems.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Yes, you can use a marker to make markings on the watch. At least I know people who have done that without any problems.

Just keep in mind that everything is subjective and at the proctor's discretion.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

In the future, you can always message me. My inbox is barren.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Just keep in mind that everything is subjective and at the proctor's discretion.

Oh yeah, absolutely! I definitely think one should always take an unmarked, non-LSAT watch just in case there are any issues!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

I would recommend using the normal watch. My LSAT Watch broke literally the day before the test.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

I wont lie, I dropped 75$ on that Master mind watch lol i was pissed when i found out lsac is not accepting the anymore.. HOWEVER, I still use it to study, even when im not taking the test, I take accommodated test, and that watch comes in 53 min intervals, so in order not to burn out I study in 53 min intervals, take a few min off as a brake and do it again.

• ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
    61 karma

Oh so happy to see all these comments I'm not invisible!! Amazing! Thanks everyone I'll definitely keep all of this in mind :-)

Unfortunately I'm in Canada so the LSAT watches for me are nearly double the cost not accounting for shipping ... gotta love that exchange rate. If so many people can do it without the watch, then so can I. Love this forum and the support! Woo!!! Let's kill the Sept. LSAT guys.

• ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
    edited August 2017 61 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Oh yeah, absolutely! I definitely think one should always take an unmarked, non-LSAT watch just in case there are any issues!

I wonder if there is any way to contact the centre you're testing at beforehand to ask these questions re: watch markings?