Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT63 RC

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member

Is it me or is the RC section of this exam extremely difficult. I took a 5 section exam and this was the 5th section of the exam, half way through it I felt like my brain was about to shut down. I pretty much gave up going into the 4th passage of the section. Anyone got some advice or any experiences ?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

For many RC is considered the most difficult section.

1.) It's something we have done our entire life, it's not something we can just learn a method too.

2.) The questions are not as concrete and it's easier for the AC to be more mild. It makes it harder to figure out which is right.

3.) The passages are boring as heck and it is hard to engage with them.

That being said - I think the best way to get a handle on RC is to do timed RC. You will get use to slogging through each passage and their AC and become more efficient. You'll start getting an idea of what to focus on and what information is superfluous.

Having RC as a 5th section is a nightmare scenario for many. Your mind is exhausted from the previous 4 sections and now you have to go into this.

A runner has to run a short distances before he can run long ones though. This is much of the same on the LSAT. You have to be use to doing sections timed first, before you can do 5 of them in quick succession.

You'll get there. Be diligent and keep practicing.