Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guide to the T14

calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
edited September 2017 in Law School Admissions 582 karma

This might be a stretch…but do any of you know of a guide of sorts to the T14 (and maybe beyond)?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Idk if there is a specific place that you can find all of this info, but pertaining to your interest, you really should take some time between doing your daily things to search up schools' employment stats, clinics, courses, etc. You can also lurk linkedin to check out where some grads from a school you like ended up at :D haha

Some other info I know from experience:
    Berkley are GPA whores, Yale is tough no matter what your GPA/LSAT (even if 180/4.0, refer to lawschoolnumbers), similar for Stanford as it is for Yale (basically, both are unpredictable), Cornell this past cycle has denied many people with 75th GPA/LSAT which is weird, NU are pretty lenient with splitters although this past cycle there did seem to be more dings for splitters IIRC.

That's all I can remember right now, if I remember more I will post again :D

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited August 2017 4423 karma

Use law school numbers.
    Both the tool linked to here http://mylsn.info/s100cz/
    And the main site
    http://schools.lawschoolnumbers.com/
    have been invaluable to me.

It's all based on self reported data.

On the first link, fiddling with the LSAT score range and GPA and trying out searches will give you an idea of how other students with your numbers have done.

On the second, click the school name of the school you are interested in and then graph to see the distribution of acceptances, denials, and waitlists. There is also a chart that you can click for each school to sort applicants by GPA, LSAT, or scholarship dollars recieved.

In my search I found it useful to sort them from high to low scholarship ammounts and look at the stats for each person getting a scholarship. Then to see if the people just got the scholarship vecause of their stats or based on some incredible accomplishments I could not see, I sorted by LSAt score from high to low and scrolled through.