Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repeating Logic Games

LSAT1234LSAT1234 Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 10 karma

I have been studying for the LSAT and I was doing great on the logic games however I am still practicing and have not taken timed exams of the entire PT. I would like to know your opinions on repeating PTs not necessarily limited to logic games but rather the other sections as well.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I think repeating LG can be the most useful as you see patterns and how to make inferences since across LG you will be making these inferences over and over. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to redo LR, since if you don't really remember stuff and you still end up getting a question wrong then that tells you what you are very weak in. But still, if you end up redoing LR sections, don't just choose the right answer because you know it, choose it and make sure you reason through it as to why it is right and reason why the other 4 are wrong. RC can be helpful I guess, if you're practicing reading for structure, but remember, reason through the questions and eliminate 4 wrong ones and give a reason why each one is wrong.

Generally, I personally think LG is most useful in redoing than the other sections, but you can do as you please :)

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Repeating entire PTs is good for several reasons. For those that Mikey mentioned above, but also for practicing skipping strategies, building endurance, instilling a circling strategy for when you skip, enforcing tactile reading (circling/underlining key words).

I took a bunch of PTs last year leading up to my first official take. I'm retaking this year so I am relying on old PTs at this point. It's been a great exercise for gauging improvement and comfort. i know the scores are inflated but that's ok.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sabeenazafar95 said:
    I have been studying for the LSAT and I was doing great on the logic games however I am still practicing and have not taken timed exams of the entire PT. I would like to know your opinions on repeating PTs not necessarily limited to logic games but rather the other sections as well.

I think repeating PTs is extremely useful! If you retake a PT and are still missing some of the same things you previously reviewed then that's a great sign you need to work on that particular question type.