Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideas for friends/family willing to help me prepare for the LSAT

KingDavid-1KingDavid-1 Member
in General 43 karma

Hello 7Sagers!

Within the past few months, I have had a friend and a family member both offer their help in helping me prepare for the LSAT. However, these individuals do not have any knowledge as to what the LSAT tests students on, but they are more than willing to see me reach my goal by offering a different way/method in studying (which would be their help). Do you guys have any advice on how someone who is not taking the test can help another prepare for the LSAT? Thank you so much and I pray the best for you guys!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Idk if there is much they could help you with if they don't know the test.

It's a learnable test, but it's pretty different compared to other standardized tests. Maybe they could help you solve some logical reasoning questions and give you their reasoning for answer choices. That's as much as I can think of if they don't really know anything about the test :/

Just let them give you encouragement :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lewisdj1 said:
    Hello 7Sagers!

Within the past few months, I have had a friend and a family member both offer their help in helping me prepare for the LSAT. However, these individuals do not have any knowledge as to what the LSAT tests students on, but they are more than willing to see me reach my goal by offering a different way/method in studying (which would be their help). Do you guys have any advice on how someone who is not taking the test can help another prepare for the LSAT? Thank you so much and I pray the best for you guys!

Having support in the form of just a friend or loving family member is very helpful in itself.

A good exercise can be trying to explain the concepts you will learn to people who don't understand anything about the LSAT. This sounds like a perfect opportunity for this!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Treating them as students and teaching them the concepts will certainly help you.