Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Triage

Alright, 7Sagers. I asked for help on LG and got some great advice and improved vastly. Now we have almost two weeks until the Sept LSAT and my LR needs some serious help. I am currently in phase 2 of the process, where I tend to do much better in BR than in timed test conditions. I am currently intensively reviewing the CC and have used the analytics to identify which areas are my most common issues. I tend to eliminate the 3 most obvious wrong answers almost immediately, but then I choose the wrong answer between the 2 left over maybe half the time. Pseudo/Sufficient Assumption, Parallel Method of Reasoning, and some of those higher level analytical questions I struggle with most consistently. Any tips? Support? Suggested therapists???

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

For pseudo sufficient assumption questions AND sufficient assumption questions, just use the method of saying "IF premise, THEN conclusion". PSA and SA is essentially the same thing, except PSA questions do this if P then C thing a but more broadly and wordy, if that makes sense. While SA questions will just simply link the P and C ideas together either as a simple P-->C or the contrapositive.

parallel method of reasoning questions you should be making note of words like some, most, only only if, all, majority, and so on. if you diagram then out, that works, if not then just reading and connecting the dots works too. start with conclusions when you head into the AC's, it can save you a bit of time because there's usually always 1 AC whose conclusion is COMPLETELY off from the one in the stimulus.