Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post 15 min break fatigue

ejh051ejh051 Member
edited September 2017 in General 7 karma

After writing many preptests, I've realized that no matter what type of section the section after the break is, I do the worst on that section. I am assuming this is because I lose focus/momentum after the 15 minute break. Wondering how to avoid this?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

This might sound dumb, but try giving yourself a pep talk toward the end of the 15min break. Getting yourself pumped up to go back in to the test might help you avoid this.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

5 hour energy during the break :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

the 15 min break is after the 3rd section though o.O

but either way, I know it's not conventional and people may advise against it, but I truly think doing other sorts of PT's in certain ways helps a bunch to get past fatigue.

For example, when I do a 4 section PT, I don't take a break, I just do 4 sections straight through. I no longer suffer from that fatigue when doing 4 section PT's, it feels like cake to me now.

Another example is when I do a 5 section PT, I do take the break after section 3 but only a 2 minute break (to drink water and use the bathroom).

another is doing a 6 section PT, which I have only done once but I know someone who only did these and would take the 15 min break after section 3 but there would be 6 sections.

lastly, I have never done this one but I know someone who advocated it to me and he used to do back to back PT's with the 15 min break in between.. so 4 sections, 15 min break, 4 sections.

all of the above is hard to get used to at first, but over time your fatigue will go away. I want to note though, the people I know who did either the 6 section PT or back to back PTs, they said that on test day the structure (3 sections, break, 2 sections, writing sample) felt like a complete joke. this is a good thing and if you want to get to that point, you should put in the work and you will be rewarded!

best of luck!

• partyondudespartyondudes Alum Member
    424 karma

I've found @"Jonathan Wang"'s point in this discussion to be useful: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2683