Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching up sections to create "new" PT's

Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
in General 315 karma

Hello fellow fighters against LSAT-evil,

I've been curious to see what your opinions are when it comes to switching up sections with different sections to create a sort-of "new" PT. For example, using PT 60 as a base and taking out 2 (randomly selected) sections and replacing them with sections from, say, PT 62 or PT 56.

Clearly, this sort of practice is for people who have done all PT's in the LSAT world and have nothing left to do. I have to ask, what are your thoughts on this particular practice?

For me, I think it would create more anonymity with that PT for those who have done it already and don't want to be mislead by past choices, whether or not that past choice was the correct or incorrect answer. From my experience, when I retake a particular PT I tend to remember the PT sections ordering among other things. If one were to mix up PT sections with a different PT section then I feel that would throw the test taker off by just enough to prevent information recall and rely more on your skills learned.

I don't know, what do you guys think? I ask this because I'm beginning to run out of PT's (been studying for almost a year) and would need at least a few more PT's before I write in December. Also, because I can't seem to find an opinion on 7sage forums about this type of practice nor have I come across a question like this on TLS or elsewhere. Maybe my Google search skills need some sharpening...