Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not getting target time for logic games

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hey sagers,

So I am currently working on fool-proofing logic games, however I do not always meet the suggested target time. I sometimes score 2-3 mins over the suggested target time. I was wondering if that is okay or normal? Is it a big deal if I don't hit the target time for each game. I find myself doing better on sequencing games, and even score below the target time. Grouping games on the other hand.. not so much.

Basically, I want to know if meeting the target time is crucial or does it vary from person to person? Like I can get an entire game correct but I sometimes just take 2 additional minutes to finish it.

Not sure if I will get better once I do more games?

Any tips on how to improve time for logic games?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey sagers,

So I am currently working on fool-proofing logic games, however I do not always meet the suggested target time. I sometimes score 2-3 mins over the suggested target time. I was wondering if that is okay or normal? Is it a big deal if I don't hit the target time for each game. I find myself doing better on sequencing games, and even score below the target time. Grouping games on the other hand.. not so much.

Basically, I want to know if meeting the target time is crucial or does it vary from person to person? Like I can get an entire game correct but I sometimes just take 2 additional minutes to finish it.

Not sure if I will get better once I do more games?

Any tips on how to improve time for logic games?

Thanks!

At first, I think it's normal to probably take a little longer than JY's recommended time. That said, if you are aiming for a good score on games (-0/-2) than I would suggest fool proofing each game until you can get all of the questions correct in or under the recommended time.

You will get better by just fool proofing the games. Essentially, most games aren't "new" at all, rather they repeat similar or exact inferences from previous games. So the more you do, the more you'll have an affinity for doing new games you haven't seen before.

As far as tips for games go, I think repetition via the fool proof method is best. It's so good that a friend taking an in-class Testmasters LSAT course basically said even everyone in her classes uses 7sage's method for games. You just have to keep on practicing. It can feel painful at first, but I assure you that improvement is just around the corner.

Make sure when your blind review your games that you practice splitting games boards where possible and prove wrong answers choices wrong. This will help you see how wrong answers are wrong more quickly in the future.

Last, and certainly not least, make sure your conditional logic is down cold. You have to know how to diagram rules out quickly without much though and know when conditional rules trigger vs. when they are irrelevant. For a long time, I sucked at Grouping games. Once I went back and mastered conditional logic and the corresponding lessons on grouping games, I became much better.

Good luck