Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproof Method Really Works!!

nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
in General 458 karma

I haven't done a logic game in over a month and a half as I have been focused primarily on LR and RC while being exceptionally busy at work and life in general. I just wanted to say that if you have not Foolproofed or haven't considered doing so, I highly recommend it. I went -1 on PT 40s LG even with the exceptionally weird/different/spatial-ish third game in about 31 minutes. While PT 40 LG may be on the easier side, from my own experience the retention and skill you gain is incredible if you have managed to Foolproof the LG from PT 1-35. Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

What did you start with?

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

@10000019 said:
    What did you start with?

I started with less than half correct.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Is the foolproof method the same thing as Blind Reviewing??

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

No. Foolproofing refers to doing the same logic game over and over until you have perfected the inferences (and hopefully added them to your muscle memory). It is discussed in the Core Curriculum.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Awesome improvement! I've been struggling with LG myself. I haven't finished the problem sets in the CC, so I haven't started Fping 1-35 yet.
    Hope I have similar results!

• lgsb0629lgsb0629 Alum Member
    100 karma

Thanks for sharing this. I've been fool proofing LG but have not taken a PT in a while. I hope to see improvement

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Great work! and thanks for sharing. LG is my worst section and I am on it now in the CC ... Did you start fool proofing during the CC or did you want until you were done. I was going to foolproof now but I realized I want to fool proof each and every game so should probably finish the CC first then work on honing the LG section through fool proofing. How did you tackle it?

• LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    392 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Great work! and thanks for sharing. LG is my worst section and I am on it now in the CC ... Did you start fool proofing during the CC or did you want until you were done. I was going to foolproof now but I realized I want to fool proof each and every game so should probably finish the CC first then work on honing the LG section through fool proofing. How did you tackle it?

Just do the CC games first. That is a lot of games.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

@tringo335 I kept printed copies of CC games printed out and organized by type as I worked through the CC, and made notes about which ones really bothered me the most. I started the fool proofing method with those, and transitioned from the CC into PT's 1-35 once it was over. The skills in those games really go a long way, and it's a nice way to change up your study time if you ever start to feel burnt out grinding through lessons.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Ok thx. I'm not there yet! But hopefully will get to this lesson at some point this century :/

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

Ok thx. I'm not there yet! But hopefully will get to this lesson at some point this century :/

Slow and steady.

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

@tringo335 said:

I foolproofed while doing the CC at the same time. I did not find it to be too much to do the CC lesson and Foolproof at the same time.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@nicholasthomas127 said:

@tringo335 said:

I foolproofed while doing the CC at the same time. I did not find it to be too much to do the CC lesson and Foolproof at the same time.

Ah gotcha; maybe I just go to slow lol ... right now I'm somewhat fool proofing the questions in the CC . I do it 2 or 3 times before I move on to make sure I get it but I don't have a real timing system or anything. You fool proofed all the questions in all the tests while doing the CC?