Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling nervous with a 140, trying to get a 155

k11078652k11078652 Alum Member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 24 karma

I am studying for the December LSAT this year, currently on the last practice test I took I got a 145. The last test I took was a few weeks ago, but now I am a little more than half way through the 7sage LSAT curriculum and I think I am understanding concepts much better and have improved on LR at least. I am wondering if it would still be possible to score a 150-155 on the December test. I am studying a lot and hoping to focus on PTs starting next week or the following week. I am in a 3+3 program and I need a 155 to get automatic admission. I also can take it in Feb again but I do not really want to do that since I am still a full time student. Anyone have any advice? Does this seem possible? I am nervous and a little lost!

Comments

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    426 karma

if your goal is 155, you should focus on LG. LG is the surest way to gain huge points and possibily the quickest way to improve as well. Go through the core curriculum of 7sage for LG section.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Kings Never Die" said:
    if your goal is 155, you should focus on LG. LG is the surest way to gain huge points and possibily the quickest way to improve as well. Go through the core curriculum of 7sage for LG section.

I second this. You should go through the LG portion of the Core Curriculum and foolproof everything in the CC.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

It is possible, especially if your weakness is mainly in one section. What were your scores for each section? For example, in my diagnostic, I was -20 on LR, -4 on RC, and -8 on LG. It was extraordinarily clear that LR was my opportunity. (Plus, learning LR can help you understand the other sections better!) If I could get my -20 down to a -8, that would been the score jump you are looking for. If I spent 30 hours a week for a month on LR, I have no doubt I'd be able to get those 12 extra questions right. If you can commit the time, you can probably get the score you want!

• k11078652k11078652 Alum Member
    24 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    It is possible, especially if your weakness is mainly in one section. What were your scores for each section? For example, in my diagnostic, I was -20 on LR, -4 on RC, and -8 on LG. It was extraordinarily clear that LR was my opportunity. (Plus, learning LR can help you understand the other sections better!) If I could get my -20 down to a -8, that would been the score jump you are looking for. If I spent 30 hours a week for a month on LR, I have no doubt I'd be able to get those 12 extra questions right. If you can commit the time, you can probably get the score you want!

Hey! Thanks for your comment! I have been going through the core curriculum currently so I haven't done a practice test more recently but typically I miss about 22 in LR, 10 or so in RC, and like around 7-8 in LG! I just finished the 7sage logical reasoning curriculum and I think it is helping me, I am working on going through the logic games now! Hopefully will get started on PTS again more frequently by the end of this week!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hey I started with a 140 diagnostic a little over 2 years ago. Highest PT was a 166 but unfortunately got a 161 on thr actual. Although I improved drastically in all of the sections compared to my diagnostic, I noticed the most gains in logic games. Went for minus 2 in the recent September take. Definitely spend most of your time boosting your LG score

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

LG is good, but LR improvements have twice the return. I'd try to tackle both in the CC and drill and PT with whatever time that allows for.

• LsatkayyLsatkayy Alum Member
    162 karma

How hard should one go with fool proofing LG’s. In other words what I’m asking is, can a week of fool proofing the games if done vigorously help improve LG scores