Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take it ?

tina_gktina_gk Alum Member

Hey guys,

I have been prepping on and off for almost 6 months now with hard prep since past three months. I now score around 165+ on diagnostics. Should I take LSAT in Dec with that kind of practice marks or should I wait to improve?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

What are you missing the most?

If there are points on the table in logic games I would make sure to finish foolproofing before taking the real test since there is such a clear way (foolproofing) to fix it.

On the other sections if you have any specific types of questions you miss most you can and should address them by drilling before taking the test.

But if your missed questions are spread out rougly evenly across the sections and problem types then it's going to come down to a decision. What are your goals? What kind of score do you need to get into a school where you can accomplish them? How much do you value a year of your life? Because these diffusely spread errors will take the longest to get better on and applying after the February test is when timing of application starts to affect admissions results and scholarship offers more significantly.

Given the flux coming to admissions with the GRE's influence I'm inclined to recommend definitely applying this cycle if you can get an LSAT above 172. High LSATs may become devalued with the proliferation of high GRE scores depending on how US News decides to weight them.