Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The value of taking PT82 again?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

I took the actual test in September and got a 163. I did a full blind review once the test was released and got a 180 with fairly little resistance from the test. Now that the test has been released as a PT is there any benefit to taking it as a PT under fully timed conditions?

Is it worth my time taking it?

Take PT82 as a PT?
  1. Does PT82 offer me value after I've already taken it once and blind reviewed it?18 votes
    1. Yes
      38.89%
    2. No
      61.11%

Comments

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

Hey LSATcantwin,

I don't think it's as beneficial as other PTs since the questions are so fresh in your mind... that being said, congratulations on that 180 blind review! I just ran through the first section myself; didn't find it too difficult but there is still one question I can't wrap my mind around. Would you mind if I picked your brain on it through a message?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@FerdaFresh said:
    Hey LSATcantwin,

I don't think it's as beneficial as other PTs since the questions are so fresh in your mind... that being said, congratulations on that 180 blind review! I just ran through the first section myself; didn't find it too difficult but there is still one question I can't wrap my mind around. Would you mind if I picked your brain on it through a message?

Yep no problem! The only question I had an issue with was the stupid Jazz question haha. And that wa 50/50 luck! I thinkkkkk I know why it’s right but I’m not 100% as confident as I want to be

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Yes, I do think it will be beneficial if you're anything like me. Even when I BR, a month in between and it's gone. Just completely gone. Now, even if your memory does not completely wipe itself like mine, even if you remember a 3-4 questions, the test still can be beneficial. Maybe not as beneficial as other tests in the near term, but that's the way it goes. I wouldn't say it's not worth taking at the end of nov. Plus, your score will provide a bit of a psychological boost for when you take it in dec knowing that they won't be able to get you quite the same way you might have though they did in Sept. So, if you have like 6 bucks on you, I'd still buy. Cheers--A.c.S

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think it's better to let sleeping dogs lie, you know? My guess is that the most likely scenario is you would do a lot better re-taking it as a PT without the test day nerves, and then it would be really easy to keep beating yourself up over it. Better mentally to just move on and leave that one behind you. :)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

My guess is that you’ll probably remember some of the answers and passages if you retake it right now. That would give you an advantage that might give you a better score. I think you could invest your time a little better by doing different exams.