Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General LSAT nutrition

What do you guys eat the night before, eat for breakfast and snack on, for stamina? Trying to get a rhythm going in preperation for December

Comments

• ryan___mryan___m Alum Member
    57 karma

I really like to consume mostly protein instead of carbs because I find they make me lethargic. For breakfast, I like eggs and for a snack I think almonds or other types of nuts because they're filling, but don't spike your blood sugar like carbs do.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

The night before I eat whatever. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on how I feel in the morning. I just make sure not to drink alcohol.

I've been super big on drinking this stuff called Soylent. It's a meal replacement shake with all the recommended nutrients for a healthy breakfast. I have trouble eating in the mornings and if I don't, I get a headache. And if I do, I end up feeling sick. These drinks have been pretty helpful.

For my snack I've always been a big fan of goldfish and flavored almonds :)

Overall, though, you should experiment with a bunch of different things and find out what works for you. I really like @ryan___m 's advice about avoiding sugars that will spike your blood sugar.

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

Cliff bars are my go-to break snack because they are high in sugar but have dense enough calories to stop you from getting hunry. Also, some of them have caffeine (from green tea extract).

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I didn't have a ritual food the night before. Both times I tested, the morning of I had a chicken wrap and during the break I ate chunked cheese.

The cheese is small enough not to divert much energy to digestion and it doesn't have the huge spike and crash in blood sugar from some other foods either.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I didn't do anything too specific the night before, I just want it to be balanced and nutritious. I was more specific about breakfast and 15 minute break though. Breakfast: 20 oz coffee, eggs, bacon or ham, oatmeal or potatoes, and fruit. Snack: Banana, peanut butter sandwich, 8 oz matcha.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

For my snack I like to make these no bake granola bars. They’re delicious and keep me full for a good 2 to 3 hours. I also like to drink a cup of iced matcha with the granola bar.

https://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/