Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review- Trouble Changing Answers

bethbethbethbeth Member
in General 23 karma

Hi!

I am having trouble seeing the value in blind review because every time I honestly do it, I never change any of my answers. A few facts about my situation: I have 100% more time and find myself finishing the sections with time to review (this may not be true on test day because of the nature of my accommodated disability), I am scoring average 172, missing an average of 4 questions in the LR, and I've increased my score from 134.

When I blind review, I go through the answers I have circled and make sure I am positive they are correct. I maybe change an answer 1/100 times. My question is: if I'm not getting anything out of it, is it worth the time to blind review? It is actually causing me stress because I'm not getting any value on something that most test prep companies advertise as the holy-grail.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Is this common for 170+ scorers?

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@bethbeth The value that should be seen is it's telling you that if you still missed the ones you circled then you still don't know that question type as well as you thought you did. If you circled and didn't change the answer then that means that you're 100% confident that you understand the task for that question type and you're 100% confident that you've selected the right answer. And, if you're getting the ones right that you circled you should see that you're still shaky about that question type because otherwise you wouldn't have circled it. The BR revealed where you need to brush up. Are you returning to the curriculum after BR? If not, that's probably why you don't see the value in it. If you keep taking PT without addressing issues in the BR before then you'll probably continue to have the same issues thus see no benefit in BR.