Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 70 vs 71

nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
in General 458 karma

Anyone notice a difference in difficulty between PT 70 and PT 71? I scored 6 points higher on PT 70 than 71. I know no test is objectively harder then than the other but man 71 kicked my ass.

Comments

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

I just took 71 and I thought that the LR was harder. Also, there were two rule substitution questions for LG.

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

The whole test was off for me. I usually do the worst in RC, moderate in LR, and best in LG. On PT71, I did best in RC, poorly in LG, and very poorly on LR. Not going to let it rattle me though.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I just looked at my analytics for these two test and both were right at my average. I got a 170 on PT70 and a 169 on PT71. They were pretty flat across the board for me as well, when it come to where I missed my questions.

I would say that PT 71 might have exposed a weakness you have in LR and LG. I would use this as an opportunity to grow! The entire point of a PT is to learn right? So if one test kicked your ass, you should be thinking something like;

• Okay LSAT what do you have to teach me now?

Then blind review the hell out of the test. I'm glad to see you will not let it phase you! That's the right attitude to have!

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Haha I actually did better on 71 vs 70 (+2 pts). Felt like a fairly average test to me. I agree with LSATcantwin above; I think this could be a case study of what you need to work on :) You want to make sure than no matter if you get a test like 70 or 71, you'll be able to handle it