Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Speed

lawschoolhopeful13lawschoolhopeful13 Alum Member

Hi everyone!

I have been studying since June and took the test in September and scored a 163. My test was not disclosed (Irma makeup) but I felt like I did the worst on the LG because I had a bit of an anxiety attack during the section and had to guess on the entire last game. I have been foolproofing games nonstop (doing at least a section a day) since I received my score. I have also
done the LG curriculum twice. Because of this, I have seen my accuracy go up--I can get minus zero on any section during blind review, and I understand LG patterns/inferences a lot better now--but I have yet to see a significant improvement when it comes to speed. I am still going about two minutes over the target time for the medium/harder games.

If anyone has any personal tips/tricks they used to get faster with games, please share! I am looking to really cut down time in the next 11 days and am really open to any suggestions!!

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

When you are given additional information in a question, do you immediately draw the game board and just dive in, or do you spend a few seconds thinking about what the new information does to the game board?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

Have you tried doing full sections? I would tend to go over the estimated time on the harder games, but make up for it by being even faster on the easier games. I think JY's time guidelines might be a little skewed toward 8minutes and 45 seconds.

There were a couple games sections where I finished the first two games in 8 minutes, but took the full 27 remaining to get through harder third and fourth games.

You need to be able to finish the section on time. The time estimate is just there as a loose guideline. So, see if you can finish full sections.