FP's vs. learning new LGs

annadaleannadale Alum Member

Hi all! I'm taking the December LSAT, although a bit behind on studying, especially for LGs. Right now, I'm spending basically all my time FP-ing LGs and slowly adding in news ones. But I'm concerned that I won't have exposed myself to enough overall LGs to be able to deploy my skills when faced with new LG scenarios on the test. Do y'all think I should keep doing this or focus more on taking timed sections and new LGs in order to get the best LG score?

Thanks for any/all advice!

Comments

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

Both, but with a different definition of foolproofing than the one commonly associated with it. I'd definitely expose myself to new games from different tests, even if you don't have time to do all those PTs in entirety (i.e. LR and RC).

If you get all the answers right and within the recommended time range from JY, I wouldn't foolproof it -- move on. If you get a couple wrong and/or go well over the recommended time, print out a couple fresh copies of the game (I always thought 10 copies was an excessive recommendation; in your case, you don't have time for that anyway). Do copies of the game until you get it perfect and under time. Move on.

• annadaleannadale Alum Member
    31 karma

Thanks! Appreciate your thoughts on how to navigate this (obviously not ideal) situation!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@annadale
    There is an abbreviated foolproofing strategy recommended to me that @pacifico used where you print 4 copies of each game, do the game twice the first day (do it once, watch the video, and then do it again), once the next day to make sure you remember (only watch the video again if there is something you don't remember), and once the next week.

A wider range of games is obviously desirable, but you would rather know how to do some game types perfectly than more types incompletely. If I were you, I might actually recommend just trying to foolproof the games from the core curriculum since they are a representative sample of the different game types. If you can do them perfectly in one try, then 4 times might even be excessive, but it was definitely the minimum for me to really internalize the lessons from each of them.

• annadaleannadale Alum Member
    31 karma

That's a great idea! Thanks!