Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will A Lower Score Negatively Impact your App?

Jason KanderJason Kander Free Trial Member

I also have a similar question to a thread posted earlier:

I applied with my Sept score and did not mention that I will take the Dec LSAT. The reason being: I am registered but I am not sure if I want to sit for it, so I might withdraw. Some schools have already interviewed me and they made no mention of my December LSAT.

Worst case scenario: If my score goes down will it negatively impact my application??

I know they only report the highest score, but I am looking for some insight to this. Please mention your source too. Sorry, I am skeptical because I have received several different, ambiguous responses to this.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

There's a bunch of sources out there that now basically confirm that almost every school only cares about your highest LSAT score, since the highest score is the only one they need to report. I still don't think it helps to have a low(er) score on your record, however. So if you're going to retake I'd make sure you feel prepared to score higher.

Good luck!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Nope, most likely not. If you go down a few points I don't think it will hurt at all, but maybe if you went from like a 165 to a 130 then perhaps that will raise some eyebrows. Other than that, the highest score is what they care most about.