Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to get over the 150's hump?

marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 194 karma
I'm feeling real depressed

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I believe in you!

You just gotta keep in mind that things always start out difficult, especially when learning a whole new way of thinking. 7Sage's course teaches things differently than others, so you technically are re-learning all of this. I can't give you any guarantees, but a whole lot of studying and determination will help you go places.

• adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    I started in the mid 140's... Ranging between a 157-159 most of the time. Hit my first 161 last week though!

All I can say is take your time, don't rush it.
    Be sure to analyze your mistakes carefully, you will learn a lot from them.

Good luck!
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    Here's the thing. I took a Testmasters course and learned many skills from them. I signed up to take it in September and was doing well..

UNTIL I realized that I had been adding the score of the experimental section to my overall score… So I was getting 150s and fooling myself into thinking that I was getting in the 160s all along….

Upon realizing this I immediately decided to NOT take my test this Saturday and am truly analyzing what the LSAT is looking to me now….

I honestly think that if my scores had not been so inflated by the experimental section (that I was never told not to add to the score by test masters) I would have realized my deficiencies sooner and prepped accordingly…. The inflated results had me thinking that I was not one with a 150s hump problem and that

it is not necessary to push yourself to finish every section etc. because it is still possible to break into the high 160s (with the score inflation).

I wish I had realized this before, perhaps i'd be at a stable score right now… But now I do not know and really want so pointers or tips for tackling this course and for preparing myself for December.

And to think that I thought I was going to finish the LSAT off this weekend. :(
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    I was hoping to write in September too, I started 7sage around late July. Turns out I need some more time to reach my target score... soo December it is.

At the end, a lot of it comes down to your psychological approach. Before 7sage I couldn't stand the LSAT, and every time I went to study I hated my life (sounds dramatic, but was that ever true)... As I started going through the lessons I caught on to the mistakes I was making, improving day by day. I can't say that I love the LSAT now, but I have learned to appreciate it a bit more. Tackling the sections with a lot more confidence.

I'd suggest using the 7sage scheduler for your studies. It's great guidance as to what to study, and ensures you know the basics before you move any further. Trust me, if you put in the time and effort, you will see great results.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I can sympathize with your Testmasters experience. I had to go through that trauma of an experience myself...what a waste of money.
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    thanks guys. I'm glad for the community
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    LOL guys I went through the Kaplan trauma-- don't even get me started on that.
  • kellyabell3kellyabell3 Alum Member
    2 karma
    Reading this was very helpful this morning. I've been struggling mentally with the LSAT and feeling very discouraged. I'm working my way through and plan to take the test in December. Thanks for all the posts. I'm heading into the logic games now so I'm behind in where I want to be, but this has given me the enthusiasm to press forward. A great weekend to all! :)