Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I tend to struggle with grouping games....

hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
in Logic Games 342 karma

Linear games click in my mind whereas grouping games put me in the middle of no where. I always feel like I finally understand the basics of grouping games after completing the blind review of the drills, but my hopes are destructed when I face another new grouping game. Any tips other than "PRACTICE MORE!"?

Thank you!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

How many grouping games have you done?

• hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
    edited December 2017 342 karma

@10000019 22! Is it too early to be discouraged...? Or should I be discouraged...? The comments underneath the explanations make me feel like I am not on the right track.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@d931n027h said:
    @10000019 22! Is it too early to be discouraged...? Or should I be discouraged...? The comments underneath the explanations make me feel like I am not on the right track.

I think it's too early to start looking for extra advice. For that reason, I'll give you the cliche advice of "keep practicing".

Don't be too concerned with the comments. People are getting to the games at different stages of their LSAT journey. Also people have vastly different strengths and weaknesses.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Don't worry about comments under the lessons. People comment things like "Under 5 minutes with 100% accuracy!" just to feel good (I know I did lol).

Whenever I do Grouping Games, I try to make inferences upfront (meaning I split into various possibilities.) I learned over the months that I can solve questions quicker that way without panicking. If you have questions about certain games, ask them on this Forum!

342 karma

@10000019 said:

@d931n027h said:

I think it's too early to start looking for extra advice. For that reason, I'll give you the cliche advice of "keep practicing".

Don't be too concerned with the comments. People are getting to the games at different stages of their LSAT journey. Also people have vastly different strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you for your advices ;)

@akistotle said:
    Don't worry about comments under the lessons. People comment things like "Under 5 minutes with 100% accuracy!" just to feel good (I know I did lol).

Whenever I do Grouping Games, I try to make inferences upfront (meaning I split into various possibilities.) I learned over the months that I can solve questions quicker that way without panicking. If you have questions about certain games, ask them on this Forum!

Thank you always @akistotle! When linear games felt difficult, I would just start eliminating answers with rules... and it seemed difficult to do the same in the grouping game. I think it is really difficult to know when to stop doing your inferences. Once I start finding the inference, I tend to make so many possibilities.... lol So yes! Like you said, I should practice with writing inferences. Thank you! Any special advice on splitting your main board? Would you recommend splitting according to blocks first or conditionals first? Thanks again

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@d931n027h said:

@10000019 said:

@d931n027h said:

@akistotle said:

Thank you always @akistotle! When linear games felt difficult, I would just start eliminating answers with rules... and it seemed difficult to do the same in the grouping game. I think it is really difficult to know when to stop doing your inferences. Once I start finding the inference, I tend to make so many possibilities.... lol So yes! Like you said, I should practice with writing inferences. Thank you! Any special advice on splitting your main board? Would you recommend splitting according to blocks first or conditionals first? Thanks again

While it depends on case-by-case judgments, I recommend splitting by blocks first. I think splitting by conditionals first makes you prone to make mistakes.

342 karma

@akistotle said:

@d931n027h said:

@10000019 said:

@d931n027h said:

@akistotle said:

While it depends on case-by-case judgments, I recommend splitting by blocks first. I think splitting by conditionals first makes you prone to make mistakes.

Thanks a lot! :D