Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Names in Personal Statements

So in my statement, I write about contacting a high profile player agent when I was younger to ask for advice on the path I should take. He is not a nobody, he is one of the top agents in the NHL and actually graduated from one of the law school's I am applying. Is it ok to use his name or should I describe him as I did in this such question?

Thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Canadian said:
    So in my statement, I write about contacting a high profile player agent when I was younger to ask for advice on the path I should take. He is not a nobody, he is one of the top agents in the NHL and actually graduated from one of the law school's I am applying. Is it ok to use his name or should I describe him as I did in this such question?

Thanks

Depends on the context and how your PS unfolds. If he is a big part of the narrative you're creating then it's absolutely fine to use his name. Chances are they won't know any top NHL agents, even if they are alum, so it probably won't be a big deal either way.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Hey @Canadian , I think your PS and mine may be similar. I also wrote about an Agent who had a deep influence on me. Would you be interested in swapping personal statements?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I name dropped in mine and it tied together with the whole PS, and frankly other aspects of my application as well. I think it just depends on how you use their name.