Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think i’m BRing logic games wrong

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited December 2017 in General 3652 karma

I’m doing pacifico’s method and if I’m doing my first take timed I’m just finding the right answer and not trying to prove the answers wrong, so I usually feel pretty certain about my answer and don’t circle a lot of questions. After my first take most of the time I only have one answer circled to BR and sometimes I still end up getting one wrong even after BR. IDK how to properly BR without taking a half hour on my first take to make sure I’m 100% certain that my answer is right and the other answer choices are wrong. Am I supposed to draw out the game board for each a/b/c/d/e answer choice on the first take?

A lot of times the Q I get wrong which I didn’t circle to BR I missed bc I misread the question or AC since I’m kind of rushing since it’s timed I guess

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

During your first take of games you should get the answer with something pretty close to certainty. Sometimes it is easier to get it by elliminating wrong choices and other times by finding the right one. Since you know and have already proved all your answers are right the blind review is more or less just checking all your answers rather than circling and checking those you are uncertain of.

Unless I made a mistake which does happen, but shouldn't be too frequent, the blind review of games is pretty quick. You just check the answers the opposite way. This is often done by drawing out sub game boards which you do need to get really quick at drawing anyway. Draw them small and quick like JY says in the videos. This is so you can fit them next to the problem and avoid wasted time looking down to the space at the bottom of the page.

Then you get to the good part, watching JY's videos, and seeing how you could have gotten to the answer faster. You get to see how more time in setup might have paid off and perhaps why he thought it was worth it to split his game board in the setup. Often times you see how this setup work means he already has found the answer or just has to push out one little inference to get the right answer on the questions.

Then you redo the game and try to get the setup exactly right and remember why you are doing the setup the way you are. If you get the setup right, the questions and blind revew which you have already seen done and done yourself fly by. If not, the questions usually force you to uncover the inference you failed to push out in the set up. I completed the game and then rewatched the setup portion of the game when this happened. I also redrew the setup on the same game sheet in that unused space below the questions after rewatching it just to make sure it was memorized for the next take.

Once you have done this a bunch you might want to try to spice up the blind review by blind reviewing your setup too and trying to determine what splitting would have been optimal ahead of time. Points if you match JY. Extra points if you get a setup which you think was either faster for you or more efficient than JYs.

TLDR:
    Yes, blind review is strange for games so I didn't bother circling ones I thought were uncertain. If you are doing it right they should all be proven and therefore certainly right with the odd rushed mistake thrown in. I just went over every problem and checked it the opposite way I had done it initially.