Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sending a New Score to a School Already Applied To

Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
in General 3521 karma

Hey everyone,

So I applied to some schools already using my September 2017 score, but my December 2017 score was better. I want to send these schools I already applied to my December score.

I e-mailed an admissions office of a school I already applied to, and they replied by saying:

Thank you for your email and continued interest in [Insert School Name] Law. If you would like to submit another LSAT score, please send it to us through LSAC and we can add it on to your file for review. Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding your application.
"
I don't know how to submit a new score through the LSAC website - can anyone help?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Contact LSAC and ask them!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3521 karma

I just looked at my law school reports - it says the following under the schools I applied to already:

https://image.ibb.co/kR16Rb/Pic.png

Does this mean that my scores were automatically updated and sent to the schools I applied to?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 3072 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I just looked at my law school reports - it says the following under the schools I applied to already:

https://image.ibb.co/kR16Rb/Pic.png

Does this mean that my scores were automatically updated and sent to the schools I applied to?

Seems so. Send LSAC an email to confirm.

Why so secretive about the score?! Did you score a 180?!

/pry

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I'm pretty sure they send an updated report to all schools you applied to, but doesn't hurt to double check.

3521 karma

@goingfor99th Haha no :smile: - it just didn't show my score on that report!

3521 karma

Just got off the phone with the LSAC!

@uhinberg You're right, once new scores/transcripts are processed, they are automatically sent to the law schools you have applied to already.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

I would try calling LSAC just to be sure. But that "updated report" is the same notification I got when I submitted an additional LOR (in other words, they resent my whole CAS report including the new LOR)

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

You may want to contact admissions at each school and just make them aware you got a higher new score and to please review.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Just got off the phone with the LSAC!

@uhinberg You're right, once new scores/transcripts are processed, they are automatically sent to the law schools you have applied to already.

I thought this was the case. Good to know for sure! I agree with the post above. You could write each of them saying I took the test and received better scores just want you to know new scores from LSAC are on the way!