Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Georgetown group interview

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member

I got invited to GULC's group interview. For those of you who went through the interview process:

• do they usually invite the borderline candidates for interview? the ones that they're iffy about and want to meet them in person and the interview would be a major decider on a yes or a no? I was suspecting this because I'm a splitter.
  • do you know what their criteria is for inviting ppl to group as opposed to individual interviews?

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14107/georgetown-individual-interview-how-to-prepare

Group v.individual is probably a different dynamic, but there may be some answers to your questions in that thread.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I've heard that at the group interview they make the group do something (I guess it differs per group what they make you do, I'm not sure) to see if each person can play well with others. Basically.

And I think it can be a mix of types of people they tend to interview. Some people have a good shot and will just get an interview, while someone who is borderline will get an interview because of being borderline (there's been an instance where the interviewee was specifically told they were there because they were borderline).

Either way just go and communicate well with others. You'll be fine, I've heard it's not that formal and it tends to be kind of fun depending on who your group is!

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Good luck! I agree with other posters - they'll definitely be watching your ability to work with/interact with other humans!

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    edited January 2018 393 karma

Me too! I for one am very excited to get to peep inside a fancy law firm and also see what this is like. I am going with the "remember why I'm there, review my docs, review their website, and brush my teeth extra well" preparation approach. I'm also excited to see the inside of that fancy law firm!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Good luck!

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I've got my GULC group interview next week as well. -fingers crossed-

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Good luck all! Please report back - so curious what it ends up being like!