Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi Guys

markk007markk007 Member
in General 21 karma

I am new to 7sage and I have not completed the cc yet and am wondering if I should finish the cc before I start drilling the topics that I recently finished with. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I think it depends how you like to work. For me personally, I really like to understand something before I move on. When I did the CC I spent a decent amount of time in each section drilling the concepts that J.Y. had taught. I wouldn't move on until I felt at least somewhat comfortable with the material. I'd also spend time reviewing each piece I had already completed as I moved on.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@markk007 said:
    I am new to 7sage and I have not completed the cc yet and am wondering if I should finish the cc before I start drilling the topics that I recently finished with. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

I think doing some of the problem sets after each CC lesson is the best way. You need to get practice and exposure before some of these concepts make a whole lot of sense.

Just learning the strategies and knowledge behind the test isn't useful until you're actually applying it to the questions themselves.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Heyy. Finish the cc first

• 136 karma

Hey!
    I am ~92% done with the CC and I personally didn't drill questions with any strict method. That's largely because my schedule that 7sage made for me has me doing around 3.5 hours a day. Here's what I did.

I printed off every LG problem set and made about 5 copies for each problem. I placed 5 copies of the first set in a sheet protector and 5 copies of the second set in a sheet protector. I worked one copy for the CC lesson and during days that I finished my scheduled lessons I would go to my binder, pull out a problem set, and drill it until it was easy.

If you have the time, I'd say drill as you go! I simply wanted to make sure I finished the CC on schedule first.

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

Personally, I would do some of the problem sets that are provided just to practice the methods you just learned. Applying the abstract and general principles helps encode the process at a practical level that it is difficult to replicate while just watching explanations. I wouldn't worry about time so much in the beginning. Instead I would focus on getting your reasoning down and try to get as close to J.Y.'s explanations as possible.

You're most likely going to need to review everything after the cc anyways, and I truly believe that review will be easier if you have at least attempted some of the problems.

I've read a lot of information from countless self-teaching sites. While they all vary on their methods, one thing they all undeniably agree on is consistent practice throughout your studies. Don't be afraid of failure... embrace it! It means you're learning!

Good luck! :smiley:

• markk007markk007 Member
    21 karma

Hi guys, thanks for all of the feedback and support. Also I actually just finished up with a different prep course company and noticed things weren't sticking very well then I stumbled on JYs explanations on youtube and loved his explanations for LG and figured I would give this a shot. I am scheduled to take the Feb lsat and am wondering where to go from here. I saw that LG was the most section you can grow on, so I think I should foolproof LG. RC is my worst section and LR is decent-fair. Any ideas on what I should do before the actual test? Right now I'm thinking I should master LG, get better at questions I am good at on LR and try to improve some for RC.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@markk007 said:
    Hi guys, thanks for all of the feedback and support. Also I actually just finished up with a different prep course company and noticed things weren't sticking very well then I stumbled on JYs explanations on youtube and loved his explanations for LG and figured I would give this a shot. I am scheduled to take the Feb lsat and am wondering where to go from here. I saw that LG was the most section you can grow on, so I think I should foolproof LG. RC is my worst section and LR is decent-fair. Any ideas on what I should do before the actual test? Right now I'm thinking I should master LG, get better at questions I am good at on LR and try to improve some for RC.

What's your average LG score per section?

In any case, I would spend the next couple of weeks fool proofing as much LG from the newer tests 62+ as possible. You want to get good at the newer style of games as they have a new question type called rule substitution questions.

If you still have a bunch to improve on, why take the test in February? You can make some decent improvement in a couple weeks' time but chances are, not much.