Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did I peak?

slowlybutsurelyslowlybutsurely Alum Member
in General 9 karma

I have this big worry that I peaked and I am not getting better but worse. Looking at my analytics shows this and I don't know how to get out of this slump before Feb 10! Any tips?

Comments

• louise.jesselouise.jesse Alum Member
    61 karma

If it makes you feel any better I have definitely plateaued - my score has stayed consistent for the last1.5 months in spite of additional studying. It happens but I don't have specific tips for you. Have you gotten significantly worse?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@slowlybutsurely said:
    I have this big worry that I peaked and I am not getting better but worse. Looking at my analytics shows this and I don't know how to get out of this slump before Feb 10! Any tips?

How much worse? And over how many tests? Could it just be a bad day or two?

Burnout could cause a slump. If it is burnout, you need to take a short break before the test.

If you are trying something new out, that could result in a slump. I'd probably ditch the thing and see if it helps given how close we are to the test. You could try it again on a retake.

If you just are feeling the pressure more with the test upcoming that could cause a slump. Meditation could help with this.

Along those lines, distractions in your personal life or worsening sleep or exercise habits might create small slumps. Resolving the problem could help.

However, I don't think there is such a thing as peaking on the LSAT. Overall, your score should basically go up, flatline in a plateau, and then go up again after you experience a break through. Then it settles in at a new plateau and the process repeats. It shouldn't really ever go down permanently like it can go up permanently.