Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC Strategy

ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
in General 455 karma

I am working my way through the CC currently and it's really paying off (wish I found 7sage months ago!). I'm wondering what you guys do when you get to the problem sets. Do you watch every explanation video or just the ones for the questions you struggled with?

Currently I'm watching every single explanation video regardless of how I performed on the question, but I'm wondering if I'm using my time inefficiently in doing so. I'm definitely improving but sometimes I think my time would be better used moving along more quickly. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited February 2018 4423 karma

@"marino.zach" said:
    I am working my way through the CC currently and it's really paying off (wish I found 7sage months ago!). I'm wondering what you guys do when you get to the problem sets. Do you watch every explanation video or just the ones for the questions you struggled with?

Currently I'm watching every single explanation video regardless of how I performed on the question, but I'm wondering if I'm using my time inefficiently in doing so. I'm definitely improving but sometimes I think my time would be better used moving along more quickly. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I just looked at ones I struggled with. That said, decide which ones you struggled with before checking your answers. You don't want struggled with to turn into got incorrect.

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" thanks! that's what I'm thinking. There are definitely plenty that I get right but I'm not totally sure why or I spent a long time on, so the explanations are definitely helpful for those.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"marino.zach" said:

Thanks!

If you got it right and understood it 100%, I suppose it's ok to skip on the explanation video. However, if I even slightly found it difficult I opted to watch the video and see what I could do differently next time. The worst thing you can do is be inefficient on the actual test!

455 karma

@"Alex Divine" Yeah, I have started skipping explanation videos for the ones I immediately get right but if I find myself confused or lingering on a question at all then I still find the explanation video helpful.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Are you doing all of the problem sets? One thing that I think can be really important is to save the bulk of the problem sets for later. Going through the CC initially, I'd recommend moving on once it seems to click. Before that happens, I'd recommend watching the videos even if you feel confident in your understanding. Rather than an explanation for something you don't understand, it turns more into a dialogue which I think can be really engaging and helpful. Even if you understand it and get the right answer, there are likely details and subtleties that you missed and can learn from.

edited February 2018 455 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I am doing all of the problem sets. Did you go back through after you finished the CC and do the problem sets you saved initially? Also, which ones did you save? I find the hardest sets are the ones that help me improve the most, but I'm wondering if you saved those or the easier ones?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I would reccommend watching every video. Which I know succcckkksssss lol. I actually asked this same question several months ago and was encouraged to watch each one even if I felt I already got it - and it was really good advice. 90% of the time I learned something new even if I already felt I got it the first time. Usually JY inadvertenlty throws in a trick or even a quick sentence that had me thinking about the problem differently. I know it's kind of a pain, but don't rush the CC, the pay off of learning the basics is invaluable.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ATLsat_2019 said:
    @"Alex Divine" Yeah, I have started skipping explanation videos for the ones I immediately get right but if I find myself confused or lingering on a question at all then I still find the explanation video helpful.

That's the way to do it!